Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Visit from Gram

In a few weeks my Gram is coming to spend 5 or 6 days with me and Bran here in KC. The boys will be at my in-laws so it will just be Gram and I...and Bran some too!
I'm starting to plan our week. The first day we will be taking her to the Starlight Theater to see Rodgers & Hammerstein's The King and I. It's one of my favorite stories.


The next day I plan to take her to the spice store and the oil and vinegar store in Overland Park. I'm also taking her lunch at the little cafe there too.

That night we will take her to my favorite auction house. This is a pic of one lot at the auction I went to last night. (Right before I got the call that Boston needed stitches in his lip because of a knee meets face on the trampoline injury)
The next day I will take her to all the thrift shops in the area. It's her favorite past time of all. The funny thing is, we can shop for 3 hours...I will have a bags FULL of clothes for the kiddos and whatever else I find...she on the other hand will have one shirt and a mug. Go figure! My Gram and Gramps used to love to go to thrift stores while he was still alive...I know that really why she likes it so much.

That's all I have planned so far. If your from around here and know of any other things I can take her to do...let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment