Saturday, May 7, 2011

Gone in a blink...

We all like to pretend that Mother’s Day is a wonderful, happy day for everyone. But you know, for many…it isn't. For some, Sunday will be their first Mother’s Day without mom.

My heart hurts for the mother who lost her 7 year old daughter last week…what kind of Mother’s Day will this be for her?

What about those who never even knew their mother? Or the ones who wish they didn't. The abusive mom, the drug addicted mom, the mom who won’t be sober enough to even remember it’s her special day.

So many children will visit their mothers in prison this year, or won’t see them at all. Have you ever thought about what Sunday will be like for those who never had a mother?

How many will take this Mother’s Day for granted having no idea that Sunday will be the last Mother’s Day they will ever have with their mom.

I don't write this to make you sad...I write it to remind us all that having someone to love is a precious gift.

I think what I’m trying to say is this…why wait for an official day to tell those dearest to you just how much you love them. Do it now. Do it often.

You many have 80 years…or just the next moment.

“The words a man regrets most in his life are those

words he didn't say when he had the opportunity. “

~Helen Rowland/Adapted

No comments:

Post a Comment