We were greeted by some very sweet, but tired members of the church. (they had been waiting for HOURS for us to get there) Bran's new assistant was leaving the state for the weekend but wanted to meet us first so she and her sweet husband hung around till we got there. She also had a HUGE basket waiting for us...this is all that was left by the time I thought to take a picture! All the smiling faces were a wonderful way to end a terrible trip! :)
I was all packed with summerish stuff...but at the last minute tossed in boots and a few long sleeves...good thing!
After all, this is what it looked like when we woke up Friday morning.
This was "our" house during our stay. The teaching pastor's family lived across the street. His in-laws were traveling and were super generous about letting us stay there. It was great to be so close to the pastors family (they have boys my boys age) and it gave us plenty of room to spread out.
This is OBC...our new church home. It's really spread out so I had a hard time getting a pic of all of the building at once. At least you can get an idea.

This just shows you how wacky the weather was. It looks like sheets of toilet paper!
When I woke up Sunday morning the fog was so heavy I had to turn the TomTom back on to see how to get there. The landmarks were totally gone. When we left to head home at 4ish the fog had yet to lift...

Here are a few pics of the inside if the church.
There are 2 services at 9 and 10:30. If you ever want to watch the service live, you can via the internet. I don't know the details, but I'll find out soon.
Our last foggy look before we headed home.
Right as we got onto the highway the gates of heaven opened and we got a full-on wrath of God thunderstorm...if we based our decision on Kansas weather...we might never go back!
So, here's were we stand now. Our last Sunday in Farmington will be next Sunday (march 13th). We will move that next week (keep praying we find a house soon). Bran plans to take a few weeks vacation before he starts at OBC around April 1st. Bran will be baptising Cade and Riley on the 13th as well. We would love to have any of you join us for that last special service.
That's all I have the energy to say right now. We got in late last night and I spent all day training my replacement...I'm beat!
What a trip! The church looks really neat! I hope you keep blogging here so we can keep up with this adventure God has you guys on!
ReplyDeleteGlad to hear the trip went well despite the ridiculous weather! And how cool for your two dues to be baptized by their daddy before you guys leave. Wish I could be there!
ReplyDeleteSuper exciting for you guys! Can't wait to see how the Lord continues to work. So thankful for Facebook and blogs! :)
ReplyDeleteWow, ok am I ever out of the loop with you. I had no idea that you all were moving and in just a few weeks. I could have sworn that you all just moved into your new house in Farmington?? Now you are moving to Kansas, MO hey now we will be in the same state! :) Good luck with everything!!! Do you have to sell your house as well??? You are in my thoughts and prayers!
ReplyDeleteThe new church looks really beautiful and modern! I'm really happy for your servant's heart! So glad you were extended this amazing opportunity!
ReplyDelete