Sunday, February 20, 2011

Changes

So, I told you I had something major to share...and here it is. On Thursday we will travel to Olathe, Kansas (just outside of Kansas City) to spend 4 days getting to know the people who may soon become our new church family. Yes, you heard me right...our little family is stepping WAY out in Faith to follow what we believe is God's new direction for our lives....and that direction seems to be Kansas.

Bran has been called by Olathe Bible Church to serve at their Worship Pastor. This is all so new to us since we were already members of our current church when he came on staff...so this is all TOTALLY uncharted territory for us.

Mike Bickley - Lead Teaching PastorAnyway, as it stands now, we will leave Thursday afternoon and return Sunday evening. Our days will be PACKED with meeting the staff and elders, getting to know the members, practicing with the band for Sunday (Bran, not me), looking for a place to live, finding our way around a strange city, and eating...lots and lots of eating! (because that's what good christians do)

So there it is...I won't pretend I understand why God wants to take us away from our families and the only home our children have ever know...because I don't. I won't act like the idea of leaving our church and so many amazing friends fills me with joy...because it doesn't. I won't even pretend like I haven't questioned God's will every single day of this process...because I have.

But I do know this...if this is the path God has laid out for our family...we will listen and obey. It's that simple. I have a verse taped to my computer at work..."Many are the plans in a man's heart, but it is the Lord's purpose that prevails." Proverbs 19:21.

2 comments:

  1. I'm sad to see you guys leaving but totally excited for your new adventure! I will be praying for you and your family during this time of transition!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! How exciting and scary all at the same time! I'm so excited for your family and what God has in store for you guys! You know if it is God's plan then it is going to be awesome!

    ReplyDelete