
Those 4 words pretty much sum me up....For my next act...I'll do the splits while juggling 4...I mean 8 balls and painting with my mouth. And even with a brush in my mouth I can still manage to sing the lyrics to whatever song you want to hear!
.
Someone made a comment to me a few days ago that got me thinking...ok, if I'm being honest...before it got me to thinking, it reaaaalllllllyyyyyyy upset me! But after I simmered down a little I really did put some thought into what he'd said and why....
.
If your not my friend on Facebook your probably wondering what was said...so here it is.
.
"Sometimes giving 100% is just not good enough."
.
Are you seeing red right now??? I know I am...just repeating it again makes me a little hot under the collar.
.At first I was totally offended, I pour my heart and soul into EVERYTHING i do...so how could he ever even dream of saying something like that to someone like me!!! But the more I got to thinking about it...the more I started to see...maybe that WAS the problem. How can you really give EVERYTHING to one thing and still have anything left to give the rest of it.
.
If we're being honest, the proverbial "110%" is just a lie...we can only give everything. No matter how many ways you slice a pie...the person who gets that "extra" 10% of the pie...well, their just eating air.
.
What I'm say is, we only have 1oo% to give...but most of us have stretched ourselves to the point where...."100% is just not good enough" anymore.
.
Aaaahhhhaaaa! Maybe that's what he meant! Ok...it wasn't at all what he meant, but rather than set and cry about it...I'm gonna try to learn from it by golly!
.So how do we do it? How do we manage to give everything...100%... without dropping the ball everywhere else?
.
I don't have a clue.
. What? did you think I was leading up to something profound about time management? Are you kidding? I'm the person who regularly commits to being in two places at once...and somehow manages it! I'm the person who decides that the best way save money at my preschool is to do my 40 hour job + another 25 hour job...in the same 4o hours...in 2 different parts of the building!
.
Don't look at me...I have nothing even remotely wise to say about managing your time.
No comments:
Post a Comment