Friday, June 18, 2010

I'm a Patriot

I'm a patriot. There's no other way to put it...I love this country with every fiber of my being. I vote, I proudly stand with my hand over my heart during our pledge, I watch the Olympics more for the award ceremonies than the athletic feats, I get all teary during our cities fireworks display and I will stop rooting for an athlete if I EVER see him being disrespectful during the singing of our National Anthem.

I'm a true blue, died in the wool American & I'm not ashamed to admit it. A year or so ago I heard the story behind the writing of our national anthem. I'm not a great writer, so I'll just let this beautiful story tell itself. I hope you never hear the words to the song the same way again.
(FYI - the video is wide screen and my blog's not...sorry)





And now...please stand for for the singing of our National Anthem....no one does it better than Straight no Chaser.



2 comments:

  1. thanks for sharing your research!!! can't wait to make my family watch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hadn't heard that version from Straight No Chaser, but it definitely gave me goose bumps just now! Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete