Sunday, June 20, 2010

Father's Day


Father's Day...actually, is was more like Father's Weekend! We gave Bran his real gift on Friday night at Boston's game. He's been wanting this chair for about a month...so I had it waiting for him when he got to the game. He stood behind it for a few minutes talking, I finally had to point out that it was his!
Derek, Val and little Em joined us for the game too.

On Saturday morning we got up and went for a late breakfast at Rick's. Then we headed to see Toy Story 3. It was great!




After church we headed to Jeanne and Dennis's house for lunch.




Derek and Val got Dennis Jeep Thrills for the Wii & as you can see...it was a big hit!
Bran, Papa and the boys.

Ok, here's a random thing for you. You know how everyone has that one thing they do that really starts summer? Well, mine is this tomato, cucumber and onion "salad". You just chop fresh tomato's, some onion and cucumbers (I use the little pickle cucumbers). Add red wine vinegar, water, sugar and salt to taste. Just enough to cover the veggies. Let it set for a few hours and you have be best summer salad EVER!


It was a great weekend. It's Wednesday now...I took the day off with my boys...we've spend the day at the Aquatic Park & now I'm nice and red...

1 comment:

  1. we went to nashville over the weekend, and tricia had cucumbers and vinegar fixed up. i forgot how much i love that little mix! so yummy!

    ReplyDelete