Ok, so I've been working on this idea for a while now and I'm finally ready to share it with you. I don't know about you, but I've tried about every idea out there for making meals ahead of time. I've done the "freeze ahead"...I've used the crock-pot for days at a time...I've done it all. But for the most part, I don't care for the re-heated frozen meals, and you can only make so many things in the crock-pot.So, here's what I'm trying to do. Each week I ry to cook 2 times. Usually I cook on Monday's and Thursday's. Here's how it works...
On Monday afternoon I make (for example) meatloaf,
chicken a-la-king
and shrimp with crazy pasta.

I also make a few sides like mashed potatoes...
bag salads
and green bean casserole
Then, for the next 3 days we eat what's in the fridge. We still sit down for dinner together, we just don't all eat the same thing. By Thursday we're ready for more options. Like chili...
pork tenderloin
and chicken pot pie
A few more sides and you've pretty much got the week covered. Now, if you don't like leftovers....this may not be the plan for you, but if you like a home cooked meal every night and just don't have the time...this may just be the way to go! Give it a try, see what you think...and let me know how it worked for you.
pork tenderloin
and chicken pot pie
A few more sides and you've pretty much got the week covered. Now, if you don't like leftovers....this may not be the plan for you, but if you like a home cooked meal every night and just don't have the time...this may just be the way to go! Give it a try, see what you think...and let me know how it worked for you.
I like this idea better than frozen meals, but wont work for us b/c we aren't big on leftovers. Glad you found a system that is good for your family. The pics are great
ReplyDeleteI love left overs even better than the first time for most meals (except for fish). Lasagna is far better as a left over than the first time around. I often cook more than we can eat in one meal and freeze the rest. Using the defrost option on my microwave makes it quick and easy--It's like finding gold to browse through the freezer and NOT to have to cook after a long day at work. I just don't have the energy I used to have and would rather eat my own cooking out of the freezer than anything fast food. Thanks for the tips! Keep them coming!
ReplyDeleteOh, and by the way, I didn't give you permission to use my picture in the first photo on this blog...
ReplyDelete