Sunday, May 9, 2010

Mother's Day Weekend

Wow! what a busy busy weekend it's been! It started Friday night with a baseball game (video at the end) and finished out tonight with a visit to Grandma's.

On Friday afternoon we started our Mother's Day project. I'm a big fan of getting everyone involved when it comes to Mother's Day gifts. So, Bran did the hammering....

The boys did the sanding...
and we all painted...

We painted signs for all the Mema's and Nana's flower beds or gardens.

The artist... hard at work painting a sign for my mom.

On Saturday morning I got to babysit Trav's girls.


They usually keep the door to little Will's room closed off from Nat...and now I know why. When I went in to look at it, Nat had to set in or on everything in the room. She climbed into the infant carrier...took a "nap" in the little bouncy bed...and tried to get in the Bumbo seat.
After I got home from babysitting I had to make a 5 gallon bucket full of potato salad for South Church. Just so you know...it takes 40 pounds of red potatoes, 5 pounds of onions, 6 pounds of cheese, 4 pounds of sour cream and 1 gallon of milk to fill a five gallon bucket!
This afternoon we headed out to spend a few hours with Bran's mom and have a late lunch. Dennis was very very proud of his onion cutting technique...so I had to give him a little spot in the post.

Just in case you can't tell...he's using a corn cobb thingie to hold his onion. All of Jeanne's signs were markers for the fruits and veggies in her garden.

Of course, Jeanne wasn't the only mom there...Derek, Val and little Em were there too.

The boys and their Mema
After we served dinner at South Church, we headed over to see my granMom. (you can see a couple of the signs the boys painted. Ri was very proud of his. )

One the way to Grams house I saw these really neat flowers. Does anyone have any idea what the're called? (come on Alison...)

Here are a few videos from the weekend.
This first one is of Em walking! Yes, I said it...she's walking!
The next one is a really short one of Nat. I didn't realize I had my video camera till I was about to leave their house, but I wanted to let Nana see Nat walking. I had he best little video of her playing peek-a-boo under the bed, but I'm such an idiot...I deleted it. Mom, I promise to get a better one soon.




This last one is of Boston. He had a great game...he threw someone out at home all the way from right field and hit the walk off run of the game. (just be warned...I did forget and yell a little after his hit so you may want to turn the volume down a tad...ok, a lot! I'm just saying.)

1 comment:

  1. I was blog hopping and came across your site...just thought I'd let you know those flowers are aliums, a member of the onion family! One of my favorite blooms!

    ReplyDelete