Friday, May 28, 2010

William Patrick Burks

So, the day started like I expected it too...I got up and went to work...after that...well, it all went in a whole different direction than I ever expected.

About 12:30 or so I got a call from Trav. Instead of meeting up with Trav to take Nat for the weekend...he asked me to pick her up at the hospital. What, you may ask was Nat doing at the hospital???

You guessed it...


Little William made it a whopping 7 days further along then Nat did.
He is perfect....tiny...but perfect!





Since Steph was having a c-section and we had Nat, I waited till the ball game was over to head to the hospital. I only stayed a few minutes, but everyone seems to be doing great. The big girls are camping with Uncle Dave and Nat is sleeping in my bed even as we speak. Steph is getting some much needed rest and Trav was heading home for a quick shower, since he came straight from working in Russelville to the hospital.

If you've lost count...we now have Natalie -17 months, Emily - 13 months and now little Will - 5 hours!

UPDATE!

I just heard from Trav this morning. Will is doing great. He didn't have to have any ozygen overnight (thanks to Steph's shots eairler this week). In a little while they are going to see if they can turn off the heat lamp for a while. But the best news...he should'nt have to spend more than 2 weeks in the NICU!
UPDATE #2!
We just got back from the hospital. Bran and I both got to spend a few minutes with Little Will. He is doing so well. He's taking his milk by mouth. He ate 20mils the first time, 22mils the 2nd time and 28mils just a few minutes ago! He's doing so well that they are planning to try and put him in a regular open crib tonight after his next feeding.

1 comment:

  1. He is absolutely precious and I LOVE the name, if either of our girls would have been a boy they would have been William/Will.
    Glad to hear that everyone is doing good! Congratulations to everyone!!!

    ReplyDelete