
I was talking to a friend the other day who only recently made her home in the South. She gets a big kick out of all the "southern" things I do and say.
1. I know the best way to judge distance is in minutes instead of miles.
3. "Calling the hogs" is a regular part of my life.
4. I've actually eaten pickled okra...and I love it.
5. I know what a "pounding" is....(fyi -it's not getting your head bashed in)
6. I've been on a snipe hunt.
7. I know what red eye gravy is.
8. I've drained gas from one tank into another with a piece of water hose.
9. I know a "coke" can mean a Pepsi...a Sprite...a Root Beer...or, it can actually mean a Coke.
10. Didja and ya'll are actually part of my regular vocabulary.
I don't know when a got so good at being "southern" but you know what...I don't really mind at all!
1. I know the best way to judge distance is in minutes instead of miles.
3. "Calling the hogs" is a regular part of my life.
4. I've actually eaten pickled okra...and I love it.
5. I know what a "pounding" is....(fyi -it's not getting your head bashed in)
6. I've been on a snipe hunt.
7. I know what red eye gravy is.
8. I've drained gas from one tank into another with a piece of water hose.
9. I know a "coke" can mean a Pepsi...a Sprite...a Root Beer...or, it can actually mean a Coke.
10. Didja and ya'll are actually part of my regular vocabulary.
I don't know when a got so good at being "southern" but you know what...I don't really mind at all!
At the time of the snow, the dogs were about five months. They are seven/eight months now. They are shelties, and we LOVE ours! =)
ReplyDeleteA) I always tell distance by minutes and directions by left and right...don't even ask me about miles or north/south/east/west!
ReplyDeleteB) I too use "coke" for any carbonated beverage. Anyone that says "pop" will probably be popped! :-P
C) Along with didja and ya'll, "fixin to" is HUGE...and I have been made fun of for it.
Go southern gals!!!