Sunday, March 14, 2010

Well, baseball and soccer are once again upon us. Baseball started for Boston and Cade yesterday and Ri's in his 2nd week of soccer. Starting this week we'll have practices or games on Tuesday, Thursday, Friday, and all three again on Saturday at 10:30, 12 and 1:30. (I posted a few videos as the bottom. I didn't get one of Riley, it was just too cold and the lens kept fogging up.)
I took the day off Friday to do some shopping and lunch at PF Changs with Gram & then Derek, Val, Emily, Jeanne and Dennis all came for dinner on Friday night. As you can see little Emily has the boys completely wrapped around her finger. Up until this weekend it's been hard to drag smiles out of little Emily...that was then...she's turned into quite a little performer. I have the best little video of her dancing, but for the life of me can't get it to upload since it's over 3 minutes long.

She pushed her little toy all over the place.
Dinner was a hoot too. She made all kinds of cute sounds and faces when she got impatient for her dinner. Poor little thing was running fever the whole time, but was a total sweetie anyway.

While the boys were at the church this afternoon they made a "wonderful" discovery in the field behind the church...so now I have a scull, three leg bones, a pelvis and 6 ribs in my van. WooHoo!

I made my first ever...totally from scratch...sheet cake today! How awesome is that? I've always been so sure making a scratch cake would just be too much work...and anyway, who needs to do all that work when a box does such a great job already? Well, I'm hooked! Woman's Day did a feature on The Pioneer Woman last month and she included this recipe in her feature. So so so worth the little bit of extra effort!

This is Boston in warm-ups. He's the one with his back to you at 3rd base.



This is Cade in the batting cages. I had a video of him catching 11 balls in a row...I erased that one...maybe next week...


This was Boston warming up in the outfield.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Cassie,
    I love that sheet cake--I make it all the time! Try adding 1 teaspoon of cinnamon to the dry ingredients--it makes a wonderful cake even better! :)
    ~Lynette

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, you are so right on! We love my parents.. I hope we raise Harbor to always feel welcome to stay with us someday... you are never too old to come "back home!" : )

    ReplyDelete