Thursday, March 18, 2010

Spring Break...Really?

What better way to start spring break than a fireman's pancake breakfast? That was Saturday...
This was Sunday morning. The day we were supposed to leave for a fun filled week at the cabin.


So, around 10am or so we decided...come hell or high water...or 13 inches of snow...we were going to the cabin.
In about 30 minutes flat we packed up the car and went for it.

We saw A LOT of this on the way.

Things were great until we turned onto the 7 mile dirt road to the cabin. We would have been fine if the frame on the car wasn't so close to the ground. Basically we turned into a Saturn snow plow. When we hit the first big hill...it was just more than the car could take. After an hour of being stuck we got back on the highway and headed to Jeanne's house. We couldn't get up the drive, but we were determined...so we walked up.
If I had ever wondered what Bran would do to for a chance to soak in the hot tub...now I know.

The next morning we decided to try it again....SUCCESS! The first thing the boys did was do a little 50/50 sledding (you know... 50% snow/50% grass) I know it's hard to believe, but the snow you see here was over a foot deep less than 24 hours before this pic was taken. Boston got a fire started.
The river was super high.
Since so many of you are always asking about the cabin, I've made you a little virtual tour.
This is the cabin as you see it from the river.
This is the downstairs room with 6 "bunks" for the boys.
This is the basement/laundry room.
This is one of the bedrooms.
a bathroom
Living room (I meant to take a pic of all the deer heads and antlers mounted around the ceiling.)
Grandpa's fish.
The kitchen
So that about does it...not the best tour since I forgot the deer, the fire pit, the barn, the dock the bluffs... but at least you get the idea.
Ok, before I go I have to show you one of Ri's soccer goals...and this picture. A few days ago I noticed some Obama bags at Wal-Mart. I remember thinking "who in the world would actually buy an Obama bag?" Now I know....
Ri's the one in the red and white when the video starts. He's doing a great job learning to stay in his "zone" instead of just chasing the ball.
My next post will come AFTER an awesome girls night at the Taste of Home Cooking Show with Val and Jeanne! Yeah!!

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for not mentioning who the goalie was that he scored on! Just kidding...the boys had a blast!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you all had quite the adventure! Glad to hear you all made it safely and had some good family time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know yall enjoy going to the cabin soo much and now I know what it looks like! FUN! Wasn't that snow crazy??? At least it didn't ruin the entire week. Glad you had a good time! Nice bath robe!

    ReplyDelete