Saturday, January 30, 2010

Snow day

So, how do you to keep busy when your "snowed in" for a few days?

Well, I'll tell you...you watch A LOT of tv, spend time with friends, play in th snow, re-decorate & make a lot of useless trips to Wal-Mart! At least that's what we've been doing.

On Friday afternoon the boys decided to play outside for a few minutes. I was working in the kitchen so I opened the window and told them I wanted to take a picture...and I did...

but what I really wanted them to do was stand close so I could pelt them with the snowballs I sneaked out and made while they were getting their boots on!
I got Four Christmases and The Invention of Lying from the redbox yesterday. To be honest I was a little disappointed in both. I liked Four Christmases ok, but it seemed to me that even the (very few) sweet moments were a little self indulgent. I did enjoy Tim McGraw and Dwight Yoakam's little roles. C-



The Invention of Lying was a little better. But more because I just love Ricky Gervais than the movie itself. If you liked his charcter in Goast Town, you'll like him in this one too...but the movie was just ok. C+


Last night Josh, Kelley, Bryce, Trey and Paige came over for Mexican food and games. I made beef and chicken enchiladas.


I made beans and rice too. FYI - Uncle Bens 90 second Santa Fe rice...not so good.


And of course crazy dip and fresh guak. (your gonna have to excue my slightly blurry pics until I get used to my much MUCH slower Power Shot)


oh yea...and salsa.


The kiddos played Wii and Nurf Wars while the "big kids" played Greed and Compatibility.
Yesterday I took advantage of the snow day to get the boys rooms decorated. I've been putting it off since we moved, but decided it was time face the fact there was no decorating fairy & it just wasn't gonna get done unless I did it myself.

I've been collecting the stuff to do their rooms for a few months, but refused to put any of it up until I did a total top to bottom cleaning. Boston's room is sports...of course.

I found this metal player on clearance at Hobby Lobby for $15! It's about as tall as Boston.

We decided to use Boston's RedSox blanket Aunt Jeannine made him for a "curtin". He thinks real curtin are for girls!

The little boys share a room, but I really wanted to give each of them a little personal space. Cade's side is blue and is all about bi-planes. I've ordered him some really great wall decal planes & I want to find a few to hang from the ceiling above his bed too. Ri's side is all about jungle (and skulls...not sure on that one). I've ordered him a whole wall of monkey decals.




I don't have too many pics of the little guys room yet, but as soon as I finish it I'll post more.

Well, church is off for tomorrow, so we have at least one more wonderful day of NOTHING!!!

2 comments:

  1. The rooms are so cute! I love the metal player and the curtain! Your idea to "get a picture" was so clever! I bet the boys loved that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that food looks amazing!! That crazy dip looks a lot like my corn dip, my mouth is watering, when are you having me over, I guess I would have to live in Arkansas first of all. :)
    Love the snowball fight and the boys rooms look great!!

    ReplyDelete