Friday, November 6, 2009

Date Night

Bran and I, along with our friends Kelley and Josh got to have a little date night this evening. The Disheroon group kept our kids, along with 30 or so others for 4 whole hours! How awesome is that!


Josh has been Boston's football coach for the last three years, but we really just got to know them when Bran started helping coach & after they joined our small group.


First we hit PF Changs for dinner. The food was AWESOME as usual. Lettuce wraps, garlic noodles, carrot cake...need I say more? After dinner it was off to bowling. I am a TERRIBLE bowler, but the rest of them were actually pretty good. Bran is learning how to bowl again in spite of the fact he can't bend his knee very well, and Josh even knows how to do that spin thing with his ball. Kelley pretty much bowled better than anyone, but she never could get that last pin to fall so it threw off her score a little.


Here are the result of the first game. As you can see Bran came in first, Kelley 2nd, Josh just a point behind her and I of course came in dead last. I learned a long time ago...when it comes to my bowling prowess, if I don't aim high I'm never disappointed!


It took a few trys, but Bran finally figured out how to bowl without putting strain on his bad leg. I half expected him to go down with every frame. He didn't, and for that I am thankful... And just so you know, Bran's not a trash talker until AFTER he wins...but once he does...you may never hear the end of it!

As you can see, nothing about me says bowler. I do however, think my pink ball went well with my outfit! ...I'll take what I can get! (BTW - I hate hate hate this picture, but I'f I don't post it Bran will think I don't like the pictures he takes and stop taking the few he does!)
Kelly was a good bowler & looked even better doing it! But she did seem to have a one pin nemesis on pretty much every frame. She would've had a spare almost every time had it not been for that one pin she could never hit. I will say she's a better woman than I...she actually bowled a second game with the guys BTW - You won't see a picture of Kelley since I have a strict policy about only posting pictures of ladies that I think they would approve of. And since I don't think she would have liked the shot I got...I decided to let this single pin stand in her place.

From what I can tell, Josh is good at pretty much anything he does. He's just one of those people. I bet I could say "hey, lets play ping pong" and he would be like "great, that sounds like fun" and then he would proceed to win every game. On the other hand, he doesn't seem to have a prideful bone in his body, so I guess I'm ok with it.

I had to post one of his gutter balls...just to keep him humble!
As you can see...Bran doesn't make a big deal out of strikes.

Too bad his little strike dance was soon followed by a one point loss to Josh.


We did eventually have to make our way back to Farmington to get our kids...Thank you so so much Disheroon group for making it all possible.

The last thing I heard Kelley say as they drove off was something about a re-match...we shall see. I think we may have to have a cooking contest or something. I can only take so many beatdowns.

3 comments:

  1. Looks like a fun evening. I am not a very good bowler either. My first game is always my best and it just goes down hill from there. Beer always helps me out!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Date nights are good! Looks like you had a great time! Tell Brandon I'll take him on any time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun!!!!! Looks like you guys had a great night!!! I am usually the 'loser' of the group too! I lack all of that talent! :( But hey, at least you looked good bowling!

    ReplyDelete