I read blogs every single day that are full of such sadness and loss I can hardly read them. How can a woman survive her family being ripped away in an instant when her husband and 2 children are killed in a terrible car accident. How can a man give 2 years of his life fighting for our freedom in Iraq only to come home to his family and die of cancer 6 weeks later. How does a daddy continue to put one foot in front of the other after accidentally shooting and killing his own son?
The tragic stories are endless. They cross all racial boundaries, no amount of money can prevent them, and but for the grace of God are we spared these tragic stories ourselves.
It was in this frame of mind I began to consider writing this "I am blessed" post. Stories like these, while terribly tragic, should serve as a constant reminder that each of us are blessed far beyond what we deserve.
So here goes...
I am blessed because I have a job to go to every day, when there are so many in America who can't find work.
I am blessed to have a husband who loves me in spite of the fact I don't rinse dishes before I put them in the dishwasher.
I am blessed to have 3 healthy sons.
I am blessed to have been born into a Godly family & a free country.
I am blessed because for the most part, there are only a few days of month left and the end of the money.
I am blessed because I am 91 days cancer free.
I am blessed to have in-laws I actually like.
I am blessed because I have never had to tell one of my precious children that there is nothing to eat.
I am blessed to be only 6 days away from another birthday. It's sure better than the other option.
I am blessed because I know without a doubt that my husband does and will always love me faithfully.
I am blessed because I have a roof over my head and a soft bed to sleep in.
I am blessed with 2 precious nieces.
I am blessed because I got chicken pox at 33.
I could spend the next week writing this blog and never run out of ways to tell you just how blessed I am. It may all be gone tomorrow, but even if it is, I will live blessed in the knowledge that my hope is in the Lord and my final destination is without question.
Are you blessed?
Thanks for the reminder of how much we take for granted.
ReplyDeleteIt is so easy to find all the things that are going wrong in our lives and to forget about all the good things and how lucky we are, thank you for the post!
ReplyDelete