Monday, October 5, 2009

Small Towns & Pictures


There’s no doubt about it, living in a small town can have its ups and downs. Here are just a few reasons why…

Everyone notices when you mow your lawn…and when you don’t.

When you have a yard sale, you pray the person who gave you the yellow and purple polka-dot flower pot doesn’t stop by and see you selling it.

The 25 pounds for $25 meat sale at IGA is a BIG DEAL.

Your neighbor knows you need a root canal before you even get home from the dentist.

Your fellow shoppers feel free to comment on the items in your cart.

If there are 3,104 people living in your town…there will be 3,104 people at the cancer walk.

When you go to court to argue a speeding ticket…you know the judge, the court reporter and the officer who gave you the ticket. And yet, you still can’t seem to get out of it.

When your teacher says “I’m gonna have to talk with your parents”. She doesn’t mean she’s going to schedule a conference…she means she’s going to talk to them when she sets by them at church on Sunday.

The new homecoming queen makes front page news.

Funerals are town wide event. You’re either related to or friends with someone who knows someone who’s related to the person who died.

Deer season is a legitimate excuse to miss or be late for anything. And it is completely ok to go to church in camo.

At the high school football game the quarterbacks your nephew, you play Bunco with the wide receivers mom, the safety, two linemen and the coach go to your church, the outside linebackers your next door neighbor & the running back is your sons best friend.

What can I say…it’s a small town, but its my small town, and I can’t think of any other place I would rather live.


PICTURES

I ran across some old disks of pictures a few days ago. I just had to share a few. They are from my first crappy digital camera, but I still love them anyway.

Have you ever seen anything so cute? I have a feeling Ri may have a little trouble getting around without wheels...but when your that smallest...I guess your just happy to have something to ride at all.
This was the little guys waiting for Boston to come home after his first day of 1st grade. I'm pretty sure Riley is comando.

I have no idea...

Look at that smile.

The boys and Cookie
Easter 2002


Boston and Halsey

Riley

As you can see he is filthy in every picture. Cade and RiRi had to take A LOT of bath when they were little...they played messy, ate, messey and even slept messy!


Caden

You just thought Riley was dirty! Cade loved his Cookie

6 comments:

  1. ha-so true! Love the cute shots of the boys, I never knew them that young so it was fun seeing old pics.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I laughed my head off at every single one of these photos!!! I remember every stage...yup these are "our" boys!

    ReplyDelete
  3. When I went to get my massage the other day, there was a towel monogrammed in the bathroom that said "The great thing about living in a small town is when you don't know what you're doing, someone else does!" I LOVED it!

    Also...all those pictures of Caden and Riley in their diapers is how I remember them. So big now, huh???

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have always thought that it would be fun to live in a small town for all the reasons you listed as pros, however, I never thought about some of the things you did point out that might not be so peachy. Love the yard sale quote, that is great.
    Those pictures are PRICELESS!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much for your comment on my blog- what a compliment!! You have no idea how much we have gone back and forth, and how many sleepless nights we've had about whether or not to have another child. We are going through the "no more" phase now, but that could change next week. =) It is so hard to decide!! I admire you- I could never have 3!!

    ReplyDelete