Boston had football sign-ups this weekend. I couldn't go, but my sweet husband actually thought to take the camera and get a few shots. He has NEVER NEVER EVER done anything like that before! I got a kick out of the "shots" he took...but it's the thought that counts.
We went to Jeanne and Dennis's house for a swim tonight. We took out pizzas from Papa Murphy's. A month or so ago Miranda gave us the BBQ Chicken Pizza for dinner. We really loved it & decided to try it again. It has BBQ sauce, chicken, bacon, tomatoes, green and purple onions, and tons of cheese. I love that they make it for you fresh and that you can take it home and cook it yourself.
Here is something random for you...at VBS Kathryn W asked me to edit a picture for her. Her grandma (I think) had this wedding picture of her and her husband standing with the bride and groom. She really wanted a picture of just the 2 of them, but had no way to make it work. I did a little work on it... the second picture is the result. I think it came out great & and I was thrilled to be able to do it for her.
Boston started football today. He was in camp a few weeks ago, but today is the real deal. And don't you know it...it's like 500 degrees outside! They only use helmets today, but I know it's going to be a long and hot 3 hours. Before I show you a few pictures from today, I just had to show you 2 from the last 2 years.


Then...we have Boston "getting on his game face"

Off to his first practice of the season...just as we got there a front started to blow in. It dropped the temp by 20 degrees or so and was a wonderful relief for the boys. Coach Waggle took them into the field house when the storm got too close...and good thing, lightning struck the bleachers just a few minutes later.

Going out for his first pass of the season

Catching his first pass of the season

You know it's the first day of football when there are 100's of parents there to cheer on the boys.

I really love this picture. I think it truly captures the "dream" that is football for these boys. You see the little guys in the background stretching out, eager to do their best and be the best. In front of them you see the reality of what football will become if they are good enough to make it to the high school level. The boys see their future...I see a tired, worn out boy, pushed to his very limit. Not really the dream I had for my son...
You are talented to photoshop so well! : )
ReplyDelete1. Boston has the best hair!
ReplyDelete2. i LOVE the pic and so does david's grandma!
For not having a lot to report you sure came up with some good stuff. That is great that you were able photoshop the picture the way you did, to bad we don't live closer if I ever need anything like that done. :)
ReplyDelete