Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Birthdays...and all that jazz

Well, I am officially old...my "baby" turned 12 yesterday. We didn't really have much time to plan for a party with the move and all, so we went with a Red Sox/baseball theme since his gift was tickets to see the Red Sox play the KC Royals with dad in September. Of course he had no idea of that when I suggested the theme a few weeks back! What a wonderful blessing to have the KidZone at our church. All the kids seemed to have a wonderful time.

I kept it really simple with just a few decorations after Boston informed me he might be getting to old for party decor. I put peanuts and Cracker Jacks on the tables & had a little concession stand with hot dogs and chili cheese nachos. Like I said...very very simple. I did have some games planned for them to play, but everyone was so busy playing basketball, climbing rock walls & racing around on the scooter things...I just decided to let it be.



Before everyone got there, the boys spent a few hours playing the Wii in the game loft. Not that they don't have one to play at home...

The "oh so amazing" chili cheese nachos!

Bran enjoyed a game of bubble hockey with some of the boys.

Tyler and Riley decided it was better to climb the wall with shoes on.

Scooters, scooters EVERYWHERE!


The boys really had a ball in the slide.

When it came to gifts...everyone wanted to help.

This was the look on Boston's face when he read his note about the trip to see his beloved Boston Red Sox. If you ever wondered where Boston got his name from...well, now you know!

Uncle Derek and Aunt Valerie made the trip from Lowell to be here of Boston's party. Of course Emily came along to check out the action. I can't wait till her first birthday!!
Mema also got to come, but you will see no pictures of her. Last time she warned me that I should carefully consider each and every picture I placed of her on my blog. I am to ask myself..."would mema like this picture?" if not, and I still post it, pictures of me might just show up on her blog...and we don't want that! So...I have decided to use this fine young lady as a stand-in for all the "no" pictures of Jeanne.
I wish I had a few baby pictures of Boston to show you, but my computer is still restoring all of that kind of stuff. We are off to Boston's birthday dinner...thanks to each and every one of you who had a part in making Boston's day special.

3 comments:

  1. Looked like a fun party! Love the concession stand! Happy Birthday Boston!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my word Cassie! The boys are HUGE! And three of the most beautiful kids I've ever seen (don't tell my kids i said that)! We have GOT to have y'all over soon! How much trouble will our boys get into? And little Natalie looks just like Trav! I hadn't seen her yet...has our family done a sip and see shower for her? I bet once mom and dad get moved out here mom will wanna do a big family reunion. It's been a long time since we've had one. Alright, thanks for all the updates on your gorgeous family! Tell Brandon hi! Have a good nite! Ali

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is such a great space there at the church. The kids look like they had a blast. And now I"m craving nachos....

    ReplyDelete