Saturday, August 22, 2009

School, Getting away & the house

This blog comes to you from the great state of Oklahoma...Tulsa to be specific. Bran and I finally got to celebrate a belated 13th anniversary. We have had a relaxing time & are looking forward to getting home to the boys later today. But more on that in a minute.

First, I have to cover the start of the new school year. Cade and Riley started back to school last Wednesday & were more than ready to go. Boston on the other hand,decided to get sick the day before school started & had to spend the first two days of the new year in bed with the flu. By Friday though, Boston was ready to start the 6th grade. Cade is in the 3rd grade and Riley started 2nd.

Bran forgot to take any pictures of the boys before he took them to school, but I managed to get one of them getting off the bus the first day. I am really looking forward to them taking the bus this year. They are the first stop on the trip home, so they are home by 3:05 every day. That means they spend a grand total of 5 to 10 minutes on the bus & it keeps me from having to wait in line to pick them up every day.

While I waited for the boys to get off the bus, I took a few pictures of the outside of the house. Here they are...in no particular order.

The pool...


Part of the driveway...
The carport...

The backyard...

The front yard and house...
Now, on to our trip to Tulsa. As most of you know... we made trip, for the most part, to see Def Leppard and Poison in concert. We got our tickets last February, and I have been waiting FOREVER to see them! The concert was great & Def Leppards show was amazing!!

First we saw Cheap Trick...how hum, then Brett Michael's and Poison came out....LOVED THEM! And he only looked about 20 years older than the poster I had of him in the early 90's!

Next, Deff Leppard came on stage...I have been a fan of Deff Leppard for years and years. I used to listen to them so much that Bran threw my Cd out the window when we were dating. I just bought another one! They have an amazing show & seemed to have an amazing amount of energy for men in their late 50's.
Before the concert we went to the Oklahoma Aquarium. We had a great time & can't wait to plan a weekend to bring the boys...
If you look close, you can see me inside the shark tunnel.

Loinfish
Petting the little sharks and sting rays was amazing.
Is it a rock or a fish?
I took this one just for Noah!

Bran got to pet the Man-o-war.
I took a lot more great pictures, but I got tired of waiting for them to upload on the hotels wireless service!
We are getting ready to head home...see you soon boys!

3 comments:

  1. Looks like you guys had a great trip! Great pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a fun celebration! Love the big yard and pool at your house!

    ReplyDelete