Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Take me out to the ball game...

We took the boys to Kids Night at the Naturals stadium tonight. The boys all got a free dinner combo and tickets were buy one get one free with Kraft Singles packages. So all in all it was a cheap and fun family night! Of course I got pictures of everything!
*
I haven't blogged any this week because chemo just kicked my butt. They warned me the last three would get harder and harder, but I guess I really didn't believe them or something. Well, I learned my lesson. I ran a temp all weekend and just felt really crappy. Thanks so much for all the wonderful food this weekend. Wendy and Ginny, Pam, JJ, and Carla kept us well fed and just drowning in chocolate goodness! Yes, in spite of feeling terrible...I can still eat! No problems there at all. I'm glad the steroids made the throwing up stop, but the constant hunger has turned out to be an unpleasant side effect.
*
My mom is going to be here on Friday for 6 days. She is going to do treatment with me and I am planning to take a few days off work to spend with her and the boys. They are in soccer camp this week so we are busy running them back and forth all the time.
*
I have been re-doing my bathroom over the last few weeks. It's really slow going since I don't feel much like working, but I'm about done with it. I post pictures as soon as I finish.
*
Here are a few pictures from tonight.
This is the dog of the head grounds keeper. She used to live next to us at the duplex. She never misses a game and will move all around the field so she can always see her owner. She even comes out during the game so one lucky kid can have a picture with her.
Warming up...
This is pretty much the boys favorite part of the whole game...the trike race around the field. They yell and cheer for their favorite rider.
Right at the end of the game...as the hopeless fans started to clear out, the boys moved to the front in hopes of getting a ball...no luck.
We had a great time & the weather was amazing. Sorry, no editing...it's too late and I want to go to bed.

4 comments:

  1. Sorry you are having a rough week. Looks like an All American evening with the family-fun!

    Praying for you as you do these next two hard treatments.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nothing is better than a fun night out with your family, those are the memories that will last forever! Glad you had such nice weather that always makes the night that much better...

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, girl. Glad to hear you're getting closer to the end of the chemo. I miss getting to see you at church (and KDP) each week...I'm there...just usually in the nursery. Yes, Nate is getting big. He will be 10 months on the 24th and his little brother or sister is due on January 21st. We're all going to be BUSY and have our hands FULL!!!! LOL. Praying for you!

    ReplyDelete