Sunday, June 7, 2009

Quiet Weekend

Well, nothing much to report this weekend. We took the boys to see UP. It was sad and funny at the same time. We also found out that Toy Story 3 is coming out next year. The Toy Stories have been some of the boys favorite since they were babies. I can't wait myself! Other than that, we pretty much just chilled the rest of the weekend.
*
One great thing that did happen this weekend...I got to have a reunion of sorts with an old friend from my childhood. Emily and I started Kindergarten together in a little private school in Goshen. We were the best of friends until I moved to Oklahoma. We pretty much lost touch until about 1o years ago. At the time we were both working on the square (I think). We met a few times for lunch and then I quit work to stay home with the boys. We found each other again a few months ago on Facebook. She has been living in Colorado Springs for the last 4 years. Her grandfather died this week, so she gave me a call and we decided to hook up before she went home. We met at Thai Diner. The 3 hours just flew by! I am hoping to fly to Colorado for a weekend with her after my treatment is over.

I snapped a quick picture of all the boys trying to give Abby a flea bath. I think by the time they were done, the boys were wetter than Abby.

Trav called a few hours ago to see if we could watch Natalie for a few hours while they took the big girls to see UP. Bran is out off town with the all the staff guys, but we were glad to have something to do. Of course I really don't have to do much since the boys want to do everything....At least for the first hour. I can't believe how much she's grown already! She can grab things, roll over and even set up a little. After seeing how much Natalie has changed, I think I need to see Emily too. I bet she's growing like a weed.

Well, that's about all I have for this post. I'm actually glad to have had such a quiet, relaxed weekend. Hope each of you did too!

3 comments:

  1. Oh yes, babies are a lot of work... that is why we intentionally waited 7 years before having one of our own! Ha, ha! : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those types of weekends are great from time to time aren't they?

    Your boys are so cute with Natalie, you can tell they really love her, how sweet!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Isn't it just the best to get to hang with friends you've known for so long. It's cool, because of Christ, you can just pick up where you left off and it's like you were never apart. Enjoy the baby girl!

    ReplyDelete