Sunday, June 21, 2009

Busy Busy Week!

HAPPY FATHERS DAY BRANDON!!
Wow, I can hardly decide where to begin! I think I"ll start with soccer camp. All week Bran and I played pick up/drop off with the boys... You drop off this day I'll pick up that day....you know how it goes. Friday was "World Cup" day. I had to work till 12:30, so I missed all of it. (only one of the many things I miss now that I work....bummer)
*
Anyway, my sweetie took his life into his hands when I "gave" him my very precious camera to take pictures. This was a big leap for me, since I usually scream "get away from my camera!!!" if someone tries to touch it. He did a great job and got some good pic of the boys playing.
*
I'll start with Ri, since his pictures posted first. Little, shy, sweet voiced Riley is a tiger on the soccer field! (or as Joe likes to call him, little Beckem) He works hard and will take on the biggest, baddest opponents he can find...no fear!
*
Last year 2 bigger boys ran smack into each other with the ball & were both on the ground moaning...did Riley stand around and wait till they were better? No, he took the ball from right between them and made a goal!
This is Cade's first year at soccer camp. He loved it and wants to play league and Upwards. If you know Cade, he's a gentle spirit. No "killer instinct" there at all. But he did have a great time and got lots of goals. I can tell you one thing about the next picture...Cade was not going to get a goal. You see the boy in the red shirt getting a bead on the ball...well, that's the best player in the whole Fayettevile League. (or so I've been told)
*
I'm just so glad they both had a great (hot) time this year. Boston plans to take up soccer next season.
On Friday afternoon I headed to my Grandma's house to help get ready for a garage sale. It was hotter than hot, but we got it done. She has been in her house about 10 years and decided she wanted a new paint job and hardwood floors. It has been a work in progress for the last month. After moving things from place to place to place she decided to downsize a little.
*
I helped till about 7 then left to get mom at the airport. While I was gone, Gram headed over to Walker Park for one of Wade's baseball games. We all pretty much crashed when we got back and were in bed by 11ish. Then it was up at 6 for the sale. We did really good & had a great time visiting. My cousin Maryanne stopped by, so we talked wedding for a while. Then my Aunt Dorothy stopped by for a few more laughs. Most importantly, Trav and Nat stopped by so we could squeeze on Nat's gushy little self. She is such a happy baby. Sorry...no camrea.
*
Last night we hit the Cracker Barrel with mom, Trav, Steph and Nat. It was a good meal, but we had to wait 30 minutes to get in, and when we did our service was terrible. But regardless, we enjoyed the family time. Of course we can't leave Cracker Barrel without hitting the chairs.


This afternoon we headed to Jeanne and Dennis's house to celebrate Fathers Day. We dropped mom off at Gran's house before we headed to Goshen. Of course the first thing everyone did was eat the 7 layer dip Val...or should I say Derek made. You know your a new dad when your sweet wife tries to make you your favorite dip, but the baby keeps you so busy daddy has to make it himself! Happy first Father's Day Derek!

Dennis always gets a kick out of taking pictures of any dessert I bring that not "homemade". I only bring ice cream cake every year because it Bran and Dennis's favorite dessert.

Just to prove a point I got a pic of the dessert after the fam had their way with it. Take that Dennis.

The boys enjoyed a quick "margaretta" before getting read to swim.

Jeanne...just chillin

Val and Riley played a little beach ball.

Before you ask...no, I don't know why Bran has to do some weird pose every time I take his picture.

Uncle Derek and Boston

Cade has really got the hang of swimming

Bran, Dennis and Derek managed to squeeze in 9 holes of golf. All the trash talking burned my ears.

I think Bran had a great day. He got a new "one cup" coffee station, and a Red Sox and Razorback cap for Father's Day. I also made him his favorite meal when we got home tonight.

3 comments:

  1. Totally unrelated to Father's Day but.....I can't believe after all the summers we spent just trying to make those boys just get there little scared butts in a pool that they can swim! I don't know why, but I just had one of those bring me to tears nostalgia moments.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That pool looks scrumptious! (and so did that pie!!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Father's day to the Champagne men!

    ReplyDelete