*
I will pause here and be very honest when I say that I am NOT a person of great faith, and it was super hard for me to check the YES box the day we voted to start this whole project. For me, it was truly one of those times when I had to believe that our staff and the elders of our church were more in touch with God than I was & that I was just going to have to trust that God was leading them...and therefore me in the right direction.
*
I'm sure it's no secret to any of you...the economy DID NOT get better over these many months the buildings have been being built. But true to His word, we can't out give God. And somehow, by the grace of the One who holds our future in His hands...today we officially dedicated those 2 buildings back to God. It was a super exciting day for the people of our church. I think my dear friend's daughter Eryn said it best..."mom, our church must really love us." There is no doubt, the people of our church truly have a heart for the children and youth of Farmington.
*
I tried my best to get pictures of both buildings & I will do my best to tell you what you are looking at.
*
This first picture is of the gym part of the children's building.

This next picture is of the Worship side of the building. They can seat 220 kids in this area alone.
Next, we come to game area. As you can see in the next few pictures, there are 8 or so Wii's and Playstations, air hockey, a movie area and all kinds of other games.
This a close-up shot of the upstairs. You can even see the slide the kids can take back to the ground floor. (a lot of the dads have used it too)
This is a different angle of the worship area & stage.
Here is the climbing wall with the pads up.
Here is another shot of the upstairs & some of the great games.
Now we move on to the youth building. As a whole, both buildings are the same, but the youth building is more like a coffee shop & the kids building is more like Fun City.*
This is the youth worship area.
This is the cafe itself.
This shot lets you see most of the ground floor and one of the seating areas. You can also see the observation deck. You can pretty much see the entire room from this seat.
This shot lets you see most of the ground floor and one of the seating areas. You can also see the observation deck. You can pretty much see the entire room from this seat.
The plan is to open this building up to the youth of Farmington after school. It will offer a safe, uplifting environment for them, and Lord willing it will offer Scottie & others the opportunity to share the gospel to kids who might otherwise never step into a church building.
*
Just like the youth building, the children's building will be open to the community for parties, school events and anything else we can think of to bring them in the doors.
*
Well, I'm not sure how good my tour was, but I hope you were able to get an idea of what God can do; when we give him our little...He can make it much.


Wow! Mom and Dad were talking about this at lunch today! That is impressive! Too bad we're a good 40 minutes from FBC now.. Hope you're doing great!
ReplyDeleteThese pictures were incredible!! I love when you take pics of church, connection group, etc... so fun!
ReplyDeleteOh yay! I have been dying to see it finished. My dad was like a kid waiting for Christmas for these buildings to be completed. Everything looks amazing, and what a wonderful outreach tool for the community.
ReplyDelete