*
I did find out one thing...boys can eat A LOT of food in a very short amount of time. Last time I made soft tacos for dinner. Between 6 boys and Brandon they ate 19 soft tacos in just a little over 10 minutes. They polished off 9 pounds of apples and 24 bananas in less than 2 days. I went to the cabin with over $200 dollars worth of food...and came back with one small box of "left overs". I guess when you play hard you have to eat hard too.
*
I don't know what it is about the cabin, but for some reason when I hit this spot just before the driveway, all the pressure and weights of the world just starts to melt away. It's like magic. I will forever be grateful to my grandpa/dad who poured the last few years of his life into creating such an amazing retreat for our family.
Here is the only picture of the cabin I could find. At least you get the idea.
My brother left a Candy Land book at the cabin that his girls like to read when they stay there. It's one of those books with a story, sounds, and the game itself in the back. At some point all the boys read the book and played the game. It was a hoot every time I caught all those big bad boys reading a Candy Land book!

Boston was really in the mood to do some fishing. It's not really warm enough to catch much of anything yet, but he didn't care.

Cade picked a less traditional method of "fishing"

Boston did catch one small mouth. It was 8 inches long and he was VERY proud of it.

Tristen and Bailey were the only ones brave...or should I say stupid enough to take the leap off the bluff in the 40 degree water. Yes, I actually took the thermometer to see how cold it was! I wanted to put this picture in to show you just how beautiful the bluffs are. Before they jumped, I warned them that if I had to rescue them from the water, I would do it and then I would beat them to death for making me get in!

Tristen went first. He was smart enough to only do it one time.

This was the last of Bailey's 3 jumps!
I had to pull the canoe a few times, I almost froze my feet off!*
Every morning, the boys were out "hunting" almost before day light. This morning, they were a little too tired to do much of anything. When I got up at 8 I found them all chilled out in the living room. They still managed to eat about 3 bowls of cereal each!
Of course, one of the boys favorite things to do is make a fire in the pit. They love to roast hot dogs. We went through 18 hot dogs, two cans of chili & a bag of chips with dip.
Anyway, my aunt Connie came to pick up my boys till Saturday since I have treatment today. I just got home and am getting ready to watch American Idol. GO ADAM & ANOOP!

Hi, you don't know me I got your blog address off Becke Stuart's blog. I am her sister in law, Kelli's neighbor. I love reading your blog! It looks like you had a great little get away with all your boys! :)
ReplyDeleteHang in there, you and your family are in my thoughts and prayers!