Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Where did I go wrong?


It seems like only yesterday I was holding my precious little ones in my arms beaming with pride at how truly perfect they were. No one could have told me what little brats they would turn out to be. How is it possible, that in only a few short years they could go from being perfect little angles...to the "things" that they have become.

When did Boston turn into an 11 year old teenager? And, if he's this bad now...how will we be able to live with him when he really is a teenager? What is it about boys that literally makes them allergic to homework...and baths! If I didn't make them bathe now and then, they NEVER would! Now don't get me wrong, they will set in the bathtub playing GI Joe any day of the week...but ask them to put a little soap to skin, and it's World War 2 all over again.

And when may I ask, did the floor become an acceptable place to throw trash? I mean, Riley will open a fruit bar and drop the wrapper right where he stands! WHAT THE HECK? And then when I point it out it to him, he can't see it! And the crying...that boy cries and wines more now than he did when he was 2! Sometimes I think I hear a siren off in the distance...nope, just Riley.

What's with boys and their need to run around as naked as possible? Cade would live in underwear if I would let him. To be honest, Cade looks a little like a piece of lumber in titey whities...no butt, no belly and no hips...like I said, a 2x4. And the things that child comes up with...just a few minutes ago he was standing on my bed while I was working. I said "Cade, your standing on my bed in your underwear" (yes, the underwear again)...that little mutt looked at me with a straight face and said..."so it would appear".

I have completely lost control of things around here, and frankly I don't think I will EVER get it back. God help me!

7 comments:

  1. I've lost control at my house too! Where did these little urchins come from and where did they put my precious little kids?

    ReplyDelete
  2. All children are little bags of sin wait for that perfect moment to unleash their true inner selves. Consistancy sucks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You say the funniest things, ha!!! I love your stories of your everyday life. Try to enjoy your house full of boys slowly growing into men, I know right now the future seems so far away but someday those boys will be married & they will belong to another women..their wives. Now that will be funny, ha!!! to see them with their own children, pay back time. I can just see it as you tell it. Love your stories. Karen Barnes = Jessica M's mommy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your ranting turns me off none!!! I really just laughed, being that I have had to address the appropriate way to pass gass in public places to TWO classes this week. (I.E. "I've got one comming out the channel" complete with a leg lift in a girls' face is NOT appropriate.)

    I teach middle school. I have a pretty good idea of what I've gotten myself into with parenting. I think if more people saw what babies turn into in the adolecent years, they would think twice about having them!! ha! that's why i choose to soak up Kendall more now, because i know what little girls turn into when they older. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. HA! What IS the deal with boys and no clothes?! Your night sounds like most of my days--we just got lucky today.

    ReplyDelete
  6. hahaha.. I'm sorry, but his comment is hilarious...

    ReplyDelete