I don't usually use my precious blog space to recommend a movie, but in the case of Fireproof I think it's worth it. This is the third installment of a church that started making movies a few years ago. You probably don't know anything about the first one, it's called Flywheel & and it's a really good movie. It never made the theaters or anything, but I loved it anyway. The second movie they made you will probably know, Facing the Giants. Although I do have issues with the way they made it look like life will be a peach if you just gave things up to God, I still loved the movie & my boys got to watch a great football movie without all the swearing.
Now, the church has taken the profits from Facing the Giants & amped it up. The new production is major movie caliber, and Kurt Cameron will play the lead roll.
I am truly amazed at how God has blessed the ministry of this ordinary church. If you ever get the chance, go back and watch the making of Facing the Giants. My favorite part was when they were filming a scene on their local high school football field. They didn't have any fancy electric cart to drive the camera man as he captured the shot of a player running down field, so they used what they had...15 people tugging on a rope as they pulled him and his cart down the field behind the runner! It was a great "make do" moment!
Anyway, here is the trailer. I hope you take the time to see this amazing movie.

Cassie,
ReplyDeleteOk, we shall see if I can leave you a comment. I can hear your voice each time I read your blog! It is so weird how that works. Thanks for sharing your moments as they are wonderful!
Janet
Thank you! She wasn't really asleep but she had been.
ReplyDeleteI just watched flywheel at Mom and Dad's a couple of weeks ago.. It really was a good movie.. Not good acting, but great testimony. I am going to have to go see Fireproof!
ReplyDeleteHa, ha! Her name will be Harbor William Bella McCash. : )
ReplyDelete