Friday, September 19, 2008

Blast from the past...


Sorry, I know the sound is terrible, but at least you get the idea!

Well, before I get to the "blast from the past" stuff I have to show off my sweet sister-in-law Valerie and her tiny baby bump! She actually had to push it out a little just so I could get a picture. I don't care, I think she's beautiful even if the bumps a little fake...that's still my precious little niece or nephew in there!


Ok, now on to the "rest of the story"...We had the chance tonight to get together with the original members of Brandon's band Worthy Cause. It's been eight years since they've had a chance to play together. Eric, (the drummer) is still living in CA with his wife Amber so "jam sessions" are few and far between. Not only did they get to play together, but they did it in the same music/storage room they spent untold hours in all those years ago. Wayne and Sally were so gracious to open their home to all of us tonight. They have been remodeling & just had a new granddaughter 4 weeks ago. Yet somehow, with no prior warning & no bathroom door, Sally managed to pull together a great dinner. THANKS SALLY & WAYNE!!

I had to dig around in the storage building a little, but I did manage to find some of their old stuff. This first picture is the back of their CD.



This is the inside cover.


I think this was one of their posters. (Note Bran's "praying hands" on the top left... Derek so kindly struck the same pose in one of the pictures I took tonight)


One last promo shot...Such cute (and skinny) little boys!



Here they are tonight. Together for the first time in 8 years!

Derek, Eric, Brandon & Luke


This is a little closer to the real "them"
(Note Derek's omage to the past)


Brandon

Derek

Eric

Luke

I had to get one more of Eric & his stash

Derek and Val got a chance to brush up on their baby skills with Sally and Wayne's new granddaughter Danica.

Valerie & Danica (I think Val looks ready to be a momma!)
While the guys played all the kids did the same!
The three in the middle are mine of course, and the other three are Luke & Liz's. Quana is on the far left & Sammy and Rosie are on the right.

All in all it was a great night. Good friends, good food and loud...VERY LOUD music! I really hope little Sammy's not Boston's age the next time we get a chance to do this again!

4 comments:

  1. I think I'm going to lay in the fetal position in a corner and suck my thumb now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cool! What a blessing to have stayed in touch all these years!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun! I loved all the old pictures.

    ReplyDelete