
Well, here they are! FINALLY!! I have searched high and low, in and out, up and down, right and left and below and above to find just the right colors to tie my living room and kitchen together. With the layout of the new house, it's important that my colors flow from room to room well.
I really can't tell you how many shopping trips I have made to EVERYWHERE looking for just the right thing. Just last night I went to Target, Kirkland's, Hobby Lobby, BB&B & Lowe's. I did find the 120" curtain rod there, (it was on clearance too!) but except for that I was flat out of luck. Everything I loved was a fortune & everything I liked was just not right.
So it was with a very sad heart I trudged into Wal-Mart to do my rather boring food shopping. Before I got stated I had to run over and get a blind for one of the windows. As I walked down curtain row I saw it. It was every color I had been looking for wrapped up in one simple panel!! And best of all it was on sale! $15 a panel!!!! I got 2 last night just to make sure I still loved them at home...I DO STILL LOVE THEM! Today I am gonna grab 2 more so I can take them apart and make something for the other living room window as well as something shorter for the 2 kitchen windows.
As for the paint, I had a crazy time there too. I walked over to the paint section and there it was. A color card with just the colors I was looking for. I did have to add the rust color myself, but in a matter of minutes I was ready to order paint. When the guy looked at one of my colors he said "you know, I just mixed a color today that looks just like that. The people never came back to get it". He was right, and my first gallon only cost $3.25.
I have A LOT of work to do if I'm gonna get this house in tip top shape before my mom gets here in 2 weeks. Better get busy!
Oohhh, I love those colors! And, the wall decoration looks awesome. :)
ReplyDeleteI love the bargain you got on your wall hanging! It looks great! And your colors are pretty, too.
ReplyDeleteSo much fun!!!! I LIVE to decorate! : )
ReplyDelete