Thursday, August 14, 2008

Fall Fettish & a great deal

About a year ago I decided I wanted to decorate my house in fall colors. I have always loved fall and looked forward to putting out all my fall decor each year. My color choices have always tended to run towards fall colors anyway. So one day in November I decided "why should I wait till October each year to enjoy my favorite colors and decorations?" Thus began my quest to make my house a shrine to fall. Ok, it's not that bad, I'm not like the crazy cat lady or anything... but I do love fall!

Last year I was in Target and saw this metal wall art on clearance for $6.99. I thought that was a great deal and snatched it up. When I got to the checkout it rang up at $2.99! EVEN BETTER!
It's about 16x20" and it can hang this way or up and down. I never could find a place to hang it in the other house. It was just not big enough for the spots I had available. So I tucked it away in hopes that someday I would have the perfect place for my "great deal"

This morning about 5am I was laying in bed wondering what the heck I was going to hang above my cook top...and then it hit me. I wanted to jump up and hang it right then...but anyone who knows me and my fondness for sleep knows that I poopoo'd that idea right away. Anyway, when I got up many many hours later I jumped up hung it right away! (Picture #2 gives you a better idea of what the kitchen wall color really looks like)




1 comment:

  1. How neat and a great deal too? You are one lucky duck! : )

    ReplyDelete