Tuesday, August 12, 2008

The Good Old Days...and a few other things

What happened to the good old days when you went to school with your backpack "stuffed" with some tissue, wide rule paper, pencils and glue sticks? Who ever even heard of Ticonderoga pencils anyway? And why the heck do they cost 10x's what regular pencils cost?

And then, after you spend endless hours in Wal-Mart you still have to send $20 with each child for more "supplies"...WHAT ELSE CAN THEY NEED?? I JUST BOUGHT EVERY LAST SUPPLY WAL-MART HAD TO OFFER! Oh, and don't forget the backpacks, and lunch boxes...I forgot to even put those in the picture. Ok, I'm over that now...on to other things.



Since VBS I have been asked over and over for my peach cobbler recipe.
There's not much to it, but here it is.
WHAT YOU NEED
1 cup flour
1 cup sugar
1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
1 stick butter
1 cup milk
1 large can peaches
1 tsp. cinnamon and 3 tbsp. sugar mixed
DIRECTIONS
Melt butter in a 9x13 dish.
Combine flour, sugar and baking powder.
Add milk and mix well.
Pour batter over butter & then drizzle some peach juice over batter.
Lay peaches in single layer on batter.
Sprinkle with cinnamon and sugar mixture.
Bake at 375 for 30-40 minutes.

Several of you have also asked for my bread recipe too. I'm not going to retype it.
Just go to my June posts and look at the post titled "My first blog" The recipe is toward the bottom of the post.


1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the recipe....I can't wait to make it. It sounds so easy.

    ReplyDelete