Saturday, August 16, 2008

Changes

A few days ago we made the difficult decision to give Bandit away. She has continued to become more and more aggressive toward Coco anytime foods involved. We really wern't afraid of what she might do to Coco, we were more afraid of what she might accidentally do to one of the boys if they got in the middle of one of her attacks. Sometimes she would even attack Coco if she thought the boys were paying too much attention to him. She has drawn blood several times & we decided we just could not take the chance that the next time it might be one of the boys faces or hands.
Say hello to Abby. We found Abby on Craigslist. She is a 7 year old Golden Lab and just the sweetest thing you ever met. She can do lots of tricks and is just so mellow without being "old". I was so excited to find Abby since we really didn't want to leave Coco alone in the yard especially with the boys starting back to school, and football and soccer starting Monday night.
Abby



We are finally starting to get a little of the massive amounts of work done on the outside of the house. I got the front flower bed cleaned out today & Brandon got all the brush piled up by the road for the city to pick up on Monday. ( I made sure there was a car in the picture so you could see just how much brush we have cleared.

I'm not sure where to go with the flower bed yet. My mom will be here in 2 weeks and I expect her to be full of ideas. She has the most amazing yard I have ever seen. She has won yard of the month I don't even know how many times. (I will see if I can find some pictures for you later)


(sorry to all you Iris lovers...)


2 comments:

  1. hey girly!
    i love to do yard work! i love the whole planning it and making it look so beautiful. now my yard is not as great as your mom's, but drive by & see what we've done with the front. i'd love to help you if you want. fall is such a great time to landscape!

    ReplyDelete