Have you ever noticed that no matter how many things get done at the top of your list...the bottom just keeps getting longer? I must admit that I am feeling VERY VERY overwhelmed right now. This move has really rocked my world. Not just the move itself, but trying to keep up with the rest of life while I do the move part.
WEEDS-A-PLENTY...We have never had a yard that needed anything more than a quick mow and weedwack. Now we have acres of trees, bushes, out-buildings and flowers to keep up. We are just getting started, but I can already see it's going to be a major job.
BIRTHDAY BLUES...Boston turns 11 on Monday, and I just got his invites out today. Yes, I said today. We're not doing much, but even "not much" takes a lot of work and money! I thank God that I have such a kind and understanding son. He told me we could just skip his party if it would help me. What an amazing boy he is! I love his soooooo much.
BOXES, BOXES, BOXES...Do the boxes every end?? Every time I get one cleaned out...I find 5 more! And these are not the easy boxes...they are the ones that are full of all that "stuff" you can't throw out, but don't really know how to deal with.
ABC's & 123's...I almost had a panic attack this morning when I realized there is only 20 days till school starts. 2o DAYS!!! I'm not ready for school yet! I don't have the time or money to do ANY school shopping. Have you seen the supply list for 5th graders? One of my girlfriends said she spent $80 on her 5th graders list. AAAHHHHH! Not to mention I still have 1st and 2nd grade lists to get too . And after the supply lists have been checked and re-checked there's still school clothes and shoes to buy. Thank God boys are so much easier to buy for than girls. They pretty much need 5 pairs of denim or sport shorts, 10 shirts and 2 pairs of tennis shoes. After that you can just fill in a new shirt or pair of shorts now and then. Ok, enough of that...I'm getting sick to my stomach.
Job Woes...I got the news today that our preschool is going back to 2 days a week. So I will only be working 2 days a week rather than 3 starting in September. With this little bit on news I am being faced with the decision to get another job to help fill in the gaps. Do I quit KDP all together and go to work 4 or 5 days a week somewhere, or do I try to find something that I can do one or 2 days a week in addition to preschool?????? Keep us in your prayers as we make this decision.
BRIGHT SPOTS...Ok, before I go, I have to share my 2 bright spots. I got my first electric bill today. If the trend holds, our bill should only be around $85 a month. That's even cheaper than the average bill of the last owners of the house. I also got my first COX bill. Our phone, cable and DSL have all been bundled and our total bill was only $120. Can you beat that. Adding the phone to the bundle made our bill go down $11 a month!!!
Even as I write this post I am reminded of the verse we talked about at out KDP training on Monday. It's found in Jeremiah 29 verse 11. "For I know the plans I have for you...plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." THE BIBLE SAID IT...I BELIEVE IT...THAT'S GOOD ENOUGH FOR ME!
wow! i am overwhelmed for you!
ReplyDeleteHave you ever thought of doing a dinner sale thingy(don't know what you call it). You make a menu each week and people put in their orders for the week. People come by and scoop up a hot meal to feed their family (and pay of course:) You then have dinner for your family and make money from others ordering. I don't know why I thought of that when you said you were looking for some extra work. It just thought you'd be good at it.
yea that makes sense. Sometimes the money just isn't worth all the work and you could make more doing something much easier.
ReplyDeletePoop.... er.....right.
ReplyDeleteI feel like the worst friend in the world for not helping you more right now....of course all I would be good for is more stress, but still I should be there. It will get better. I will keep my eyes and ears open for job opportunities.
sorry you are feeling so overwhelmed right now. that is a lot to deal with. praying that you have a clear direction on the job situation.
ReplyDeletethat's an awesome electric bill! Ours was more than 3x that last month!!! AAGGHH!
ReplyDeleteGirl, we all feel that from time to time. I have Christmas cards to finish, David's graduation announcements to make, my classroom to ready, baby's room to work on,.... You can do it! We are all in this boat together. : )
ReplyDelete