Sunday, July 27, 2008

12 years and still in love...

(sorry for the sloppy writing, I'm soooo tired & I know the pics could be better, but give me a break for crying out loud I just moved!!!)

It's hard to believe it's been over 16 years since the day I asked my future husband to hook me up with his best friend Mike. I eventually "saw the light" and threw Mike over for Brandon. That may have been the best decision of my young life.

After about 4 years of dating I got a call one morning. Bran was in jail. I could have just died. I had to lie to my Grandparents so I could go bail him out! I went straight to the County Jail. I was shaking so hard as I walked up to the window to find out what I was going to have to do. The poor guy at the window had no idea what I was talking about. He told me I should go to the City Jail. So I headed over there. Just as I was about to leave a bail bondsman stopped me and told me I would probably need him and that he would follow me to the jail. When I got to the jail the bondsman told me he would wait outside until I needed him. I was once again shaking like a leaf when I walked up to the bulletproof window in the little concrete room. I told the officer what I was there for. He said he would be back in a minute. When Bran came to the window he looked like he was about to pass out. His voice was shaking and he was pale as a ghost. I asked him what we would need to do to get him out. He said he would find out and disappeared out if sight. A minute or two later he came back and said they told me the only way they would let him out was if I said yes. YOU GOT IT! He was proposing!!!! He had slipped the ring through the little gap at the bottom of the window. I was so mad I just walked away. I was crying and laughing and just generally dumb struck. I had been so ready to bail him out that I was having a hard time grasping that this was the moment I had been waiting for for months!! Needless to say, when we walked out of the jail the bondsman knew something was up. He got a good laugh out of the whole thing right along with us. The worst part came when I had to go home and tell my grandparents that I had lied about the reason I had ran out the door so fast.

So, 12 years ago (yesterday) we tied the knot. I could only find a few pictures in this mess of a move...but here it is in a nutshell.


Brandon (right) and the man who brought us together!

Before we were dating Brandon still found a way into my pictures. (note the blurry face between our heads) I blurred him out just to prove a point!


Bran and my baby brother just chillin.


The only snapshot I could find of me at the wedding.


Bran and his dad getting ready for the big event.


Bran and I getting ready for the next big event one year and 2 weeks later.
(this is really a pic of me preggers with Riley, but it's the only one I could find)



King Boston (first grandchild for everyone!)


Caden, our only "planned" little angel.


Riley, our sweet little gift that came a whopping 10 months and 2 weeks after Caden.


What little dolls!



The fam... (2004 I think)

In 2006 my mom surprised us with a vow renewal for our 10th anniversary.
(checking out our new rings)

Last Christmas (and the most recent pic I have of us together)
Here's to 12 more amazingly, wonderful years!!



6 comments:

  1. Wow! You guys are proof that high school sweet hearts can make it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How sweet! You guys are so cute together! Love seeing pictures of the parts of people's lives we missed out on. Your boys are cuties. Looking forward to the next 12 years!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can I just tell you how much your engagement story makes me laugh?!?!?! I remember Brandon telling it before, but I had totally forgotten until I read this post.

    It just reminds me of how much I cringed every time he would call us (or if he ever answered the phoen if I called you) because I knew he would have some kind of goofy thing to say and I NEVER had a comeback for him!!!

    Oh, I miss those days...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Anniversary. That is the most creative proposal that I have ever heard! What memories. I love all the pics!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Cassie,
    I just found your blog for the first time! What a sweet trip down memory lane! I LOVE LOVE LOVE the story of his proposal! That is so creative!

    Congrats on the 12 years! That is so special!

    ReplyDelete