Monday, August 29, 2011

A few of my favorite things.

It's been a months since I've done a "favorite things" post.  Some of my picks are new...and some have been around for years.

My first pick is this totally fab Raspberry Jalapeno sauce.  It's not really spicy at all, but it does have that wonderful smoky flavor on the back end  that only a jalapeno can offer. There's just NOTHING it's not good with!  It does have 
raspberry seeds, so I put it in the blender to get rid of 
the seeds and then just put it back in the bottle. 


We recently switched from Comcast to U-verse through AT&T   It's awesome!  We get over 600 channels,
all the movie channels & premium channels
...along with blazing fast Internet for $150 a month.  

I know these things have been around a long time, and we've been using them about that long.  It wasn't until I got cheap last
week and bought something generic that I realized just how awesome they were!  They are a little pricey,
but totally worth the extra few bucks.

This is a product that just came out.  It's a Hot Wheels track that mounts to the wall with Command strips.  Oh how I wish these were around when the boys were little!  I hated those stupid
tracks.  They were always in the way and getting ruined
because they got stepped on.


My next product is from Aldi's.  Last time Jeanne was visiting she recommended it to us.  I was a little skeptic at first, but I've been proven wrong!  I love Aldi's, but have never gotten my toilet paper there.  I would compare it to Scott and it lasts FOREVER!  If you need super soft tp, this is not the one for you.  But if you want a good quality product for a great price...

We have a lot of wood floor in this house.  When I need to mop, I usually need to get it done and dry on 10-15 minutes.  This stuff is amazing!  All you do is sweep, squirt the fluid on the floor
and spread it around with the "mop".  That's it.  In 10-15 minutes the floor is shiny and clean.

I love our new bank!  Yes, I'm that woman who teaches her bird to say "I love my bank".  Our new bank is open from 6am-7pm Monday through Saturday and even a few hours on Sunday!  They offer and instant debit card when you set up your account and they have an amazing app for my phone that I can use to pay bills, transfer money... do just about anything!

My new favorite show is Top Chef Just Desserts.  What a fun show!  It's like Top Chef with the most beautiful food art I have ever seen!  The new season just started so tune in. 


I know books on CD are nothing new, but I just wanted to remind you book lovers of what a wonderful option they are.  I get more "reading" AND housework done then I ever did a few years ago!  Back in the day I would read all day and then cram all my housework into the last 20 before Bran walked in from work!  Now I don't have too.  I get all my books from the library, that way I have 100's to choose from and they are all FREE!


Well, that's about I've got today! My mom gets in Wednesday and we leave for Arkansas Thursday.  We will spend one night at Jeanne and Dennis's so we can see them and Derek's family!  Then its off to the cabin for 4 wonderful days of hanging with my family!

1 comment:

  1. So glad you have a bank you love! Isn't it funny how moving away makes you evaluate everything? We have already changed banks twice here. Sheesh! Finding a good one is hard.. and so is finding a new hair dresser!!! : )

    ReplyDelete