We took a little camping trip this week with some of our new Kansas City friends. The State Park is only about 20 minutes away and just a wonderful place camp.

This was our camp site. The boys slept in the red tent and Bran and I had the blue one. We had planned to let each boys bring a friend, but with the weather issues we ended up only having one. Scot's son Marty is 15 so between him, the boys and JD...we had quite a crew of boys. Scot's daughter Alex was there too, so I wasn't the only girl the first night.

Before we went camping Scot grilled up a bunch of ribs. They were
Aaamaaaazzzinngg! It was so nice to get camp set up and then set down for a pile of ribs!

So...Scott brought a dutch oven and the stuff to make peach cobbler. He and I figured we were smart enough to figure it out on our own. We made a bed of hot embers...piled some one top of our "oven" and set the timer...Meanwhile...

Scot started his beans...and the peach cobbler cooked...

Bran and the boys played a game of Frisbee...and the cobbler cooked...



With great
anticipation we pulled off the lid expecting to see our golden brown peach cobbler...oh well, better luck next time.

Tammy and Lien also came out to join us for a few hours. 6 or 8 others came out for dinner last night (not for peach cobbler) too. Scot's other son and his wife stayed the night too.

We
didn't get any rain to speak of, but it was WAY to cold to be swimming the trip. But the boys just kept begging and begging so I gave in and said suit yourself. After about 10 minutes Riley,
Cade and JD were in the car wrapped up. Boston and Marty made it a bit longer.

Marty actually swam all the way out to the swimming area rope. That's his head bobbing in the water (the black dot) I told him and Boston both that if they got a cramp and I had to jump in that freezing water to save them...I would save them and then kill them myself!

After a wonderful lunch of stew and a little light rain we headed home. Riley and
Frtiz were both out before we got out of the park!

It was a great 3 days...best part...it's only Saturday & it's a 3 day weekend! We are planning to spend Memorial Day with new friends in our neighborhood.
No comments:
Post a Comment