It's been a great day! Right now, most of my days are filled with unpacking, painting, getting tags changed, and sooooo may other super fun things like that...It was really great NOT to do any of those things today!
Our neighbor Laura (and a member of our church) got wind that I was a bit of a foodie...so today she picked me up and took me to Penzey's Spices shop. They are a mail order spice company, but also have several store fronts across the county. It was AMAZING! I got to see and smell spices I've only heard of or read about...but never actually seen.
My favorite part were the "sniff" jars. You could smell any spice in the place. I got dried orange jest, a French Vinaigrette spice, and a salt free Italian blend.
After the spice store we went to Great Day Cafe. I had a wonderful Raspberry, Pecan, Fetta Salad with Field Greens.
Next door to the spice shop was an bulk Olive Oil and Balsamic shop! I get the shivvers just thinking about it! Another gal from church told me she loves the blood orange infused oil. I even noticed a blackberry infused balsamic in the window!
The boys have several good friends in the neighborhood. The trampoline seems to be a pretty popular place for them to all hang out.
The 3rd graders had their end of year production was tonight. It was all about rats! I wanted to throw up! Riley only sang in the chior since he only had 13 days to practice with the group, but he was still GREAT!
This is the dining room. As you can see I've only been able to get 5 of the 10 red shades I need for the light. I found out Hobby Lobby only gets 5 at a time...and I took all of them!
Aww! You will love the KC Zoo! We adore it- the walk to Africa is really long, but going over the big bridge is lots of fun. : ) It is definitely a full day to get through it, but such a nice zoo. We are giddy at trying out the Detroit Zoo this summer! : )
ReplyDeletesounds like the boys are adjusting well!! i prayed that they would. your house looks great! you're more unpacked than i am after 7 years! ha ha seriously.
ReplyDelete