I attended my first Kansas City auction today. It was 85 degrees, but the auctions was inside so I didn't care one little bit! I got some really great deals! I'll show you what I got...and about how much I know or at least think they would have sold for new...at the end I'll tell you how much I actually paid.
I got this wall art. The sticker was Hobby Lobby - #49.95 (It's 2x2)

These 2 pics...as you can see below, $59.95 each from Kohl's. Not a huge fan of traditional, cookie cutter art...but for the price I can find a corner that needs a little something extra!


This 6 ton Hydraulic Jack....Amazon.com - $24

Car shop vac...Amazon.com - $19.95

A good old fashioned electric cooker. I got one for my wedding 15 years ago and LOVED it! One day it just stopped heating. I've looked for another one every since. Have no idea of the money value, but to me it's priceless!

I'm doing my kitchen at this new house in cute signage. I've wanted to do it forever, but my last kitchen just didn't have the wall space. Value? I don't know...at Hobby Lobby somewhere between $7 and $15 maybe? (the e really is there, the flash just hit it funny)

This tic-tac-toe. Bottom says $9.99.

A box of 144 pencils...value? I have no idea, but I know what a pkg of 10 pencils at Wal-Mart costs, and I know how many homework pencils get "lost" over the course of a year. I would list the value at around $10 bucks maybe?

A stoneware tray. It's actually the very same shade of red as my couch, but the flash made it look light. It has a torn off Kohl's sticker on it...similar tray on their website - $29??

And last but not least...my favorite buy...the one I waited almost 3 hours for...a toaster oven! It's a regular toaster oven AND a convection oven! And it's brand new. Still has the papers and box! Cost - $69

If you've been adding it up....that's about $340 new.
SOOOOOOOOO????? Any bets on how much I paid for all this???
$38 bucks....plus tax!
Auctions may take a few hours of you time...but they are SOOO worth it!
You did great! May have to come with you some time. Sounds like fun as well as saving.
ReplyDeleteWOW!!! That is incredible!! $38!! I need to find an auction like that~
ReplyDelete