Well, it's official...we are in Kansas to stay. But before I get to that I have to show off our newest nephew-to-be! Val is 25 weeks, and as you can see...looks AWESOME! I won't tell you what it is, but we even got sneak peek of little "you know who's" name!

Yesterday (Saturday) was the big move. The guys got started around 10:15 and even with a stop for pizza, we were ready to roll about 12:45. I think I counted 18 helpers, but to be honest I was too busy doing nothing to really notice! It was really cold, but our sweet family and friends worked right through it...

Once the truck and both cars were loaded (without an inch to spare) we were ready to roll...


The only hitch in the trip came when Bran started seeing hornets in the cab of his truck. As you can see I kept a safe distance and only rolled down the window long enough to get a picture with my phone!

It took about 5 hours at a steady 55 to 60. If he got much over 60 I started to notice the car shimmy a little.

About 60 miles out of Kansas City we started to see snow, but only on the ground.

We got to Candlewood right about 6pm. Mike (or new pastor) was there to greet us and help us get everything moved up to our room. He took us home with him and, his wife Elizabeth fed us a hot dinner. She did get a little testy when I asked if KU was still in the tourniment:)....In my defense, I'd kept up with the team until the day before the move...(after seeing the way they just lost she might even be more testy today if I asked!)

On the way back to our hotel, we did drive by our new house and get to see both of the boys schools! The little guys can actually walk if they want! We can see the crosswalk from our front yard! Boston can too, but it's a tad bit further and across a main road, so I don't know about that yet.
Anyway, it's Sunday afternoon and I'v been setting here watching the snow for the last few minutes. We went to church this morning and actually just got to worship. We didn't have to get there early...or stay late, Bran didn't have to do anything but enjoy the service. That all changes tomorrow when he starts his new job:).
I would have to say that yesterday was a boohoo, big old mega cry baby day for us. I just could not stay to watch the moving van drive away--I could not have that image in my mind. I chose instead to cherish the image of the boys while they were at our house the night before. I love you all so, so much and look forward to our visit there to help you unpack next weekend! Keep those blogs coming. If you see lip marks on my monitor, it's probably goodnight kisses ... Love Mom
ReplyDeletecomment above, so sweet!
ReplyDeleteglad you all made it safe. sad seeing the pics of the uhaul backing down your drive. glad to keep up with what God is doing with your sweet family through the blog.