Thursday, February 11, 2010

A Movie & A Give-away

A survey was conducted about a year ago. One question was asked of 3 million families. "Do you feel that prime time television offers adequate family friendly viewing?"

Ok, first I want to say that I was shocked to hear that 23% of families actually said YES! Can you believe that??? I can't believe they even found 1 person in this entire country that thinks prime time television is safe to watch with children...let alone 23%! No wonder our world's in the shape it's in.

Anyway, as a result of these surveys, Wal-Mart has teamed up with Procter & Gable to offer something called Family Moments. If you can believe it, Wal-Mart has actually stated that it's becoming harder and harder for them to find prime time programing they are willing to purchase ad time for.

From the AP: "The most important finding was the clear desire for more options when it comes to quality entertainment for the family. In fact, only 23% of respondents reported being satisfied with the amount of family-oriented programming currently available. And in another study conducted jointly between Wal-mart and P&G, 85% of respondents said they would go out of their way to "find and watch quality family-friendly programming."

REALLY? It took a survey for them to figure that out?

From the AP: "Secrets of The Mountain, a two-hour movie, is a drama/adventure that focuses on Dana James, a public defender and single mother who takes her family to visit a mountain cabin they inherited from their eccentric uncle, only to find themselves embarking on the adventure of a lifetime. The movie will promote good family values like honesty, team work and kindness."

The movie doesn't air until April 16th, but I wanted to start getting the word out now. What better way to do it then a family friendly give-away! So here it is...
.
Movie Night in a Basket
.
All you have to is post a comment with your e-mail address or a link to your blog. I'm giving away three "Movie Nights" so 3 different families will win.
.
Basket Includes: Four jumbo popcorn bowls, 2 packages of butter and 2 packages of Kettle Corn, hot chocolate & 6 insulated cups w/lids, Sugar Babies, Junior Mints, Sour Patch Kids, Nerds, Mike&Ikes, Gobstoppers, Charilston Chews & Raisinets.


I will do a random drawing to find my 3 winners on February 18th @ 1pm EST. Please only enter once, but feel free to encourage others to enter. Good Luck!!

OTHER THINGS...

Here's a picture of my new "coffee table" Ever since we got our couch I've been looking for an ottoman/coffee table that would work just the way I wanted. I've always loved the idea of anything that does double duty. Case & point...coffee table/ 3 separate ottomans that can be moved any which way we want. And the price was the best part. I got them at Overstock.com for $30 each & their leather to boot.

.
One more thing...
.
WILLIAM PATRICK BURKS
.
is not gonna be a William after all....
he's (she's) gonna be a Morgan!
.
MORGAN LYNN BURKS!
.
need I say more?

15 comments:

  1. Ummm...is my family eligible for the free movie night?

    Signed,
    Your husband

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here's my official comment, Cassie! Just discovering your blog and look forward to following it! Thanks, Audrey

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just realized I was supposed to leave either my email address or a link to my blog! Since these comments are public, can I email my info to you??? :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Audrey, email me at crazylikearabbit@cox.net

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW!!! loved your post!
    i'm signing up! you have my email and i'm sending this to everyone i know!
    loved your ottomans...i've been looking for a square one that opens to keep blankets in but i haven't found one for under $500 and i just can't fork out the money for that!

    who's the person that is now a woman?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Trav is going to have another baby & I guess they got it wrong the first time they checked.

    Check out this one at overstock.com
    Item#: 11901331

    ReplyDelete
  7. You can sign me up to win but not to be the loser. lol

    If Brandon wins I will know it is rigged just like the chili cookoff. You know I am joking lol

    Bekah

    thedisheroons.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Okay, we want in. Do you need my link or emai?!?!? Surely you can find me! HA!

    Also, Brandon's comment makes me laugh SOOOO hard. It also makes me miss y'all!

    Love the coffee table. We love our ottoman with the seats/storage. Love that you are getting another girl.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sign me up!! Love the coffee table. Very cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. OOO... I can totally use the basket! Here;s my email: everbrooke@yahoo.com

    and YAY for Morgan!!!!! So sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey Cassie! Movie nights in are the best!!! (The Deans would love to win) - I check your blog all the time. You are always making such delicious food. :) Love your new ottoman(s)! - Christy Dean

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great deal on the ottomans! Stylish and practical.

    What a surprise for your family to find out that HE is actually a SHE!! Better to find out now before lots of things have been purchased. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Me Me!

    www.happydance@yahoo.com

    Mindy

    ReplyDelete