Every year we, along with a about 30 or so of my family, get together for 4 days of family togetherness. Some of us camp in tents, some in campers, a few in the cabin, some in hotels & some drive back and forth everyday. There's canoeing, shooting, eating, fishing, football, swimming, relazing, lots of laughing, and just about anything else you can think of.
They say you can tell how smart a family is by how many men it takes to set up a two man tent...what does this picture tell you?
Boston took his friend Wyatt for the weekend. And yes, they are reading the Candy Land book again.
This is my 1/2 brother Justin. He is the baby of the family.This is a shot of "our" camper. Thanks to Keith and Karen we didn't have to sleep in a tent this year. We shared the camper with all 4 of the boys. We were afraid the weather might get to nasty for tents. Good thing we did...we had a terrible storm the first night. It blew out our electric & ruined the phone in the cabin.
Bran and his little buddy Xavier. Xavier is my 1/2 brother Derek's son. He loves to pose for pictures. All you have to do is point a camera at him and he gets this goofy smile.
This is Derek, Shalon and Xavier. Derek just got back from Iraq after his second tour. He missed being here for Xavier's birth, but he's making up for it now.
Riley and Shyron play the "washer game" Shyron is my 1/2 sister Sheree's son.
Karlie, Shalynn and Makalya got a kick out drawing silly pictures of everyone. Karlie (left) & Makayla (bottom) are Trav's step daughters & Shalynn is Arron's daughter.
Wade & his friend JP entertained Natalie. Wade is Mark and Dorene's son.
Natalie loved her Uncle Derek.
Mark got to teach Xavier how to "call those hogs!"
Uncle Derek had his hands full with cousins Natalie and Xavier.
Shalon (Derek's wife) playing "this little piggie" with Natalie
I guess there's never really a bad time to play cards with yourself!
Bran and Wayne (mom's boyfriend)
This is the walnut I killed with the 22. It only took about 14 shots for me to bring the beast down!
Mark and Hannah
Karlie, Shalynn and Makalya got a kick out drawing silly pictures of everyone. Karlie (left) & Makayla (bottom) are Trav's step daughters & Shalynn is Arron's daughter.
Wade & his friend JP entertained Natalie. Wade is Mark and Dorene's son.
Natalie loved her Uncle Derek.
Mark got to teach Xavier how to "call those hogs!"
Uncle Derek had his hands full with cousins Natalie and Xavier.
Shalon (Derek's wife) playing "this little piggie" with Natalie
I guess there's never really a bad time to play cards with yourself!
Bran and Wayne (mom's boyfriend)
This is the walnut I killed with the 22. It only took about 14 shots for me to bring the beast down!
Mark and Hannah
Dustin and MaryAnne are getting married on New Years Eve.
As you can see we did a lot of shooting. We shot skeet, killed walnuts, and even let mom shoot the 9mm once. I think there were 3-22's, 2 shotguns, a 9mm and an AK47...the family that shoots together...stays togther!
My dear sweet grandma.
Natalie, Brandon, Dorene and Xavier
Every year Uncle Lonny has a shooting contest for the younger kids. Caden won first this year!
Every year I ask one of the guys to do the meat for our big meal on Labor Day. Last year Aaron smoked a whole pig. This year I asked Trav to BBQ chicken. I know it was a lot of work, but it was about the best BBQ chicken I've ever had!
As you can see we did a lot of shooting. We shot skeet, killed walnuts, and even let mom shoot the 9mm once. I think there were 3-22's, 2 shotguns, a 9mm and an AK47...the family that shoots together...stays togther!
My dear sweet grandma.
Natalie, Brandon, Dorene and Xavier
Every year Uncle Lonny has a shooting contest for the younger kids. Caden won first this year!
Every year I ask one of the guys to do the meat for our big meal on Labor Day. Last year Aaron smoked a whole pig. This year I asked Trav to BBQ chicken. I know it was a lot of work, but it was about the best BBQ chicken I've ever had!


Wow sounds like everyone had a great time. That Xavier is a cutie and Natalie is getting so big. Memories like those will last forever, thanks for sharing.
ReplyDeleteLooks like you all had a great time! Glad you had the camper!
ReplyDeleteLooks like yal had a good time. And I think Xavier is stinkin cute. Don't you just want to squeeze those cheeks.
ReplyDeleteWhat a fun weekend. Not MY kind of fun-ha! The guns and outdoors, not so much....but the family time and food--yes! :)
ReplyDeleteYou got some great pictures that capture all the love that your family has. Can't believe how big your neice is getting...those blue eyes are just gorgeous.
I really appreciate your prayers. Your comment meant more than you know!