I love the family style aspect of PF Changs because I love to try a little of everything. We started with lettuce wraps, had honey chicken, sweet & sour chicken and Dali chicken. We also had their garlic noodles! SOOOOO GOOOD! Things were going pretty well up to that point. What happened next, truly made it a real mother's day dinner....


My peonies are just about to break wide open!
We have one other bit of nature that has found it's way under our roof so to speak. As much as I want to I just can't bring myself to destroy the little (very messy) nest our little visitors are building. They are just outside the carport door. As you can see they are making a HUGE mess. When we first moved here they were already gone, but it took hours to clean the mess they had left us. The mama bird is on the light & the daddy bird is just a few few feet away perching on an old hook of some kind. When we got home last night they just set there as we all walked right under them and went in. It should take a few more days for them to build the nest, but pretty soon she will be setting on a little mud nest. We will just have to dodge the poop while they are here & clean up the mess when they leave. A few weeks ago I ordered this burp rag and headband for "my" girls. I got the headband for Nat, to go with her swimsuit & the rag for EmJ. My sweet friend Amy at this blog made them for me. You can see her stuff here http://zackamyzayde.blogspot.com/


Now we move on to Mother's Day proper. As usual it started with church. We went staight from there to a quick lunch where they gave every mom a rose with the bill. Mine was beautiful. We also got to see my bloggy friend Jessica, her family and sweet baby Harbor for a minute. Neither of us had a camera with is so we couldn't get a pic together. Oh well, you can meet her and her beautiful family here. http://davidjessicamccash.blogspot.com/

After a quick lunch we ran home for about an hour and a half to I could take a quick nap before starting the daunting task of getting ready for South Church. It's a funny thing, I am still surprised after months of treatment how hard it is for me do things I used to do with such ease. my sweet hubby and I finally got everything cooked and loaded.
For those of you who have no idea what South Church is I will give you a little overview. Very dear friends of ours have a small "church" that provides dinner to homeless and other needy people every Sunday night. There is a group that sings before the meal starts and then John speaks while everyone eats. Our church, along with several others provide the meals for about 100 people. Our church has the 2nd Sunday of each month. This year it fell on Mother's Day. What amazing people we have in our group and the Graham's group. It's a big job and a big sacrifice for those who gave up their mother's day to serve people in need.
This year Tammy G volunteered to make a corsage to pin on all the moms. They were beautiful & the moms really seemed to feel special. The next few pictures are of our group serving and praying with people we were serving. The Graham's group has a lot of older teens. They were awesome helping serve.



This is Belyn getting "pinned" by her daughter.

I got a kick out of this picture. The boys were wrestling in the hall. I had told them to stop a few times, as usual, they didn't listen very well but every time I looked back they would be hugging and smiling until I looked away again.

As for our moms, we didn't get to see any of them today. I talked to my mom on the phone this morning, visited with my gram for a few hours last night, and hopefully we will get to have dinner with Jeanne and new mom Val later this week before Jeanne and Dennis leave for Florida. I just had to include a picture of all our beautiful moms.
Jeanne - Bran's mom

My mom
My GrandMOM




Wow, so much going on.
ReplyDelete1. Crazy lunch experience. Sorry you had a lap of cold water! Love the new pics of the boys. :)
2. I LOVE peonies! Those nests are so neat. I love the blue eggs.
3. Your niece is precious! When our boys were newborns, Justin was obsessed with keeping those little mittens on them. :)
Sounds like you had a really nice Mother's Day weekend. Hope you are feeling good this week.
Darn! Why didn't we have cameras? Ha, ha! It was so great to see you! You looked beautiful!
ReplyDeleteOh my goodness! What a lunch! I'm glad you had a great Mother's Day! I Love PF Chang's... Yum..
ReplyDeleteLove the new pic on the blog header!
oh and that homemade bread looks to die for!!!! YUM!!!
ReplyDeletePeonies remind me of my mom. She had white ones that she worked hard for TWO YEARS to bloom! My dad said they were out in full force this year. I hope he takes good care of them for years to come!
ReplyDeleteThinking of you often!
ps. Kendall will leave her pigtails in...it's getting them up that is the problem! :)
You definately had a busy weekend! I'm glad you survived all the mayhem. I'm sure it will be one you never forget. Happy Mother's Day!
ReplyDeleteI love all of the pictures!! You have a knack with the camera! Thanks for linking to my website. If you want to add a little button on your sidebar like Catherine's, feel free. =)
ReplyDelete