Several of you have asked what the boys do on the weekends I have treatment. This weekend I asked Jeanne to take lots of pictures so I could do a post about all the exiting things they do with Mema and Papa.*



First, here is a copy of the email Jeanne sent me when I asked her to take lots of pictures.
*
"We started at the store so they could pick their favorite cereal, they spent time ooo-ing and ah-ing over the chicks; they rode their bikes; they flew kites; Boston rode the tractor and mowed the upper field, later, the little guys steered while I worked the tractor pedals, they wrestled Uncle Jay and all the dogs, they went in the hot tub, after dinner we had “moon pies” and watched “Oliver Twist” and everyone had a night cap of fruit smoothies; except for Riley who has a carrot/apple juice addiction and truly drank 2 huge carrots and 1 small apple tonight. He even likes to lick the foam in the bottom of the juice cup!"
*
The boys love their Uncle Jay. His land connects to Jeanne and Dennis's so it's just a short trip over the hill for a visit. They like to use his driveway as their own personal bike track.




The boys made kites with Papa. I guess it was a great weekend for flying kites with all the wind.


Boston learned to mow with the tractor. Last year he learned how to drive it...this year he learned how to mow too. He told me tonight that when he was done he shook all over for an hour.
Of course you can't take a trip to mema and papa's house without playing in the hottub in your underpants. Mema said that the while she and papa watched from inside the living room window, Ri and Cade decided to go comandon!
One of the biggest attaction's at Mema and Papa's right now are the new chicks. The boys all have thier favorites and just can't get enough of the little things. 


I just have to take a minute to brag on my boys. With dad being flat on his back and me not being 100% these days, we have really had to depend on the boys to help take up some of the slack around the house. I have just been so proud of the way each of the boys have stepped up to help. Boston have been washing dishes, sweeping and taking out the trash. Cade and Riley have been helping load the washer, bring the dry laundry to dad, and then putting it all away too. I love my little guys so so much!*
You might have noticed that I mentioned Bran being flat on his back...Well, last Monday Bran went to the new gym to play basketball with a bunch of they guys from church. On the first play he broke his new glasses & and few plays later his knee gave out as he went up for a rebound. He had to be carried home and has pretty much been flat on his back since then. We went to the dr on Friday. He's in a brace and will have to use crutches to get around for the next 4 or 5 weeks, but it doesn't look like he will need surgery. Thank God! I don't know if I could deal with that right now!
*
Anyway, needless to say things have been a little complicated around here. But thanks to the wonderful people who have been keeping us fed (thanks to Karen L, Susan F, Kim F, Debbie D), Jeanne and Dennis for keeping the boys, my grandma who has been a trooper each week helping with my preschool food shopping, and Robbie R who helped take the boys to school... we have been getting by pretty well. We truly have the best friends and family in the world!
Okay, I must say, I am glad that my husband was not there when Brandon got hurt. I am afraid we would be banned from ever stepping foot at that church again.. haha! I am so sorry that he is hurt. I hope he feels better asap! Wow, your boys are spoiled when they go to Mema and Pepa's.. How do you get them to come home! And that is awesome that they have been such big helpers!
ReplyDeleteLove the picture of the boys in the grass and the kite high in the sky! Hope your hubby feels better soon, you are truly blessed to have such wonderful boys!
ReplyDeleteLove all the pics of the boys, but the email is the best. They must not have rested for one minute, and you can tell that Mema and Papa love every minute.
ReplyDeleteYou should be very proud of the boys, sounds like they are adjusting to everything really well. You and Brandon are awesome parents who obviously are doing something right with them. :)
Sorry to hear about Brandon's back situation, but it is a blessing that he won't need surgery.
Would love to see you when we are up for Easter.
Your family is such troopers- what wonderful boys! Poor Brandon- we'll pray that he gets well soon! I finally updated my blog- yea! Now I'm trying to catch up on everyone else's. =)
ReplyDeleteBelyn said- I am so glad Brandon is not going to need surgery! Your boys are real troopers and the pictures with the chicks are priceless- those are the safe kind of chicks! Still praying daily for your neuropathy.
ReplyDeleteCassie- just wanted to let you know you are such an inspiration- such a good mom and positive attitude. I pray fo you and your family daily. Thanks for the comments on my blog-that was so nice and encouraging. Anytime you want me to help you-with anything-please letme know-Linda
ReplyDeleteI featured your baby shower party favor idea on Tip Junkie today. Thank you for the inspriation.
ReplyDelete