Thursday, March 12, 2009

Fun Night


A few weeks ago I had big plans to get tickets to the Taste of Home Cooking Class in Rogers. Well, somewhere between chemo, school and work...I forgot. So, on Tuesday night my sweetie came in and said "tell me your not doing anything Thursday night." I said..."uh...ok, I'm not doing anything Thursday night." He then proudly proceeded to to show me the Taste of Home ad in the paper and said "I don't have to do praise team Thursday night, I want you to go." Is he a sweetie or what?? Anyway, long story short, since I waited too long they were sold out.
In spite of my great sadness, Jeanne, Val and I decided to get together for some girl time minus the Taste of Home Cooking Class. We decided on PF Changs...or should I say, I decided...who can say no to a cancer patient??

Since I had to pick up Jeanne just down the road from baby Natalie...I just had to work a little holding therapy into my night out. Can you really fault me for that? I only got to spend about 20 minutes with her, but as usual, she was as cute as a button and very happy to see me...her favorite aunt. Of course, I had to get a few pictures of her and the girls...


Makayla, Karlie & Natalie
Chubby & her sweet mama

After I picked up Jeanne is was off to PF Changs. I love that place! We had a great waiter & had a wonderful time just visiting. I ordered the shrimp with glazed walnuts. It comes with melon balls, but our waiter said they could add strawberries too. It was SOOOO good. Of course we had to get the lettuce wraps too. For dessert we all got the "great wall of chocolate" mini shots. Ummm!

After we ate, we headed over to TJ Maxx for some retail therapy. I found some ADORABLE things for "my" girls.

Val and Emily (33 weeks)

Me (the giant), Jeanne and Valerie

I got this dress for Emily & the swim suit for Natalie (i'm not sure what's up with the bottoms looking so big, it's only 18months...must be the camera or something)

I can't wait to see Natalie wearing this with her fat little belly poking out. There is nothing as cute as a baby girl in a 2 piece!

It was a great night & I feel so blessed to have such wonderful sister-in-laws and such a great mother-in-law too. I love you all! FYI - I'm sure you can tell from the picture that I am wearing a scarf...yes, the hair is gone. It was falling out everywhere...all the time...so I decided to be pro-active and just shave it off. It's a breeze to fix, but a little chilly.

Well, I'm off to bed. Only one more day till spring break officially starts. THANK GOD!!! We are planning to take the boys to the Gentry Zoo on Sat with Derek and Valerie. Then we are off to the cabin with the boys and 3 of their friends for a little much needed R&R.

3 comments:

  1. Hey! I saw your note about William climbing up in your lap, scarf and all, and I'm sure the scarf is part of the reason he came to see you. You looked beautiful - so bright and cheery. I hope that you have a wonderful, relaxing and restful Spring Break. - Christy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooh, girl! I love me some Changs! Glad you had a great girlie night...I know that is needed with 4 people of the male gender in the household! Saying a prayer for you today.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are making me hungry! I love me some PF Changs. Have a great and relaxful Spring Break!

    Thanks for posting my button!

    ReplyDelete