Monday, March 9, 2009

10 things I love to hate about spring!


I word the title that way because it seems like for everything thing I love about spring...there is something to hate about it too.
*
1. I LOVE to grill burgers! Actually, I love to grill just about anything. There is just nothing like the smell of burgers on the grill. As a matter of fact, that's exactly what I hear sizzl'in just outside my window right now! This brings me to one of the things I hate about spring...FLIES...little children of Satan straight from the pits of hell! I swear, all I had to do was drag out the grill & there were 10 flies buzzing around me! I hate those little buggers!
*
2. I love the sounds and smells of spring. The birds singing, and kids playing in my yard...and the next yard...and the next..I love to hear mowers off in the distance & the smell of fresh cut grass drifting across the breeze...oh ya, something else I HATE...fresh cut grass! That stuff sticks to EVERYTHING!! And worst of all, it turns my little munchkins feet green.
*
3. I love to take the boys to Sonic for ice cream. It's so nice to set outside after dark & eat ice cream, and being from a small town, we always get to visit with someone we know. The part I hate is having to hear "can we go get ice cream at Sonic" at least 7,000 times over the next few months. Or Boston...who knows how to tug the ol heart strings..."we really need some family time, can we go get ice cream at Sonic?"
*
4. I love to see the trees start to bloom with new life...I hate pollen! Need I say more?
*
5. I love to see white legs and toes start to peek out for the first time in months. Every year I swear the boys have grown 5 inches the first time I see their little bean stalks in a pair of shorts! I hate making the winter to summer wardrobe switch. What a mess!
*
6.I love baseball games. Peewee, high school or college...I love it all! It's such a fun, family time. New uniforms, the crack of the bat, getting that perfect picture...it's all just SO MUCH FUN!! I HATE how expensive it is! Do you know how much it costs to get into a Razorback game these days? And eating! You can drop 40 bucks on 5 hotdogs, 5 drinks and 2 funnel cakes!
*
7. I love when my in-laws start getting the pool ready. It's truly one of our favorite things to do in the summer. We spend many a weekend by the pool with my in-laws and Derek & Val. I hate buying a new swim suit. You know the drill...drive all over town...so you can spend way to much money on the one that looks the least terrible on you! I want to throw up just thinking about it!
*
8. I love yard sales! It's just SO MUCH FUN to buy other people's junk! I hate it when people sell undergarments at their yard sale. It's just wrong.
*
Well, I said 10, but I'm out of steam...chemo kicked my butt this time.

6 comments:

  1. Fun Post! And I agree with you on all of those! Spring is definitely a love/hate relationship!!!

    Thinking about you & Praying for you! You are so strong! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, sorry I didn't send my usual shout-out to you during chemo, some virus was kicking my butt. I am in total agreement with your list.....and on an off note, my son's foot had gone from a size 3 to a size 5 without me noticing!!!! See my blog for further bad mothering details.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for your sweet comment! I really appreciate your prayers and thoughts. Everyone is doing pretty well. God has really shown His presence with an amazing comfort and peace for everyone.

    I loved your scarf on Sunday- you looked so cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. you don't know me, but I read your blog all the time. I love it! Keep it up

    ReplyDelete
  5. Girl, I love to grill too! Share some good grilling recipes with us!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey! I put steps on how to do it on the card blog-sometimes it takes me a few times. I could do it for you-but you may not want it that bad! Thanks for trying! Hope you're doing good!

    ReplyDelete