Monday, January 19, 2009

"New" Car

My Uncle Morris and I were chatting via email this afternoon & something he said made me think of a quote I have always loved. I don't remember who sent it to me, but with all the craziness going on in my life right now, I was glad to be reminded of it again.

"When we can't piece together the puzzle of our own lives, remember the best view of a puzzle is from above. Let Him help put you together." ~Amethyst Snow-Rivers

As most of you know our truck died the day after I came home from the hospital. As I admitted then, I was a little put out with God at the time, but since I can't seem to stay mad for long, I was over that pretty quick. ANYWAY... Mike called us a few days ago. He said he had a great car that he wanted us to look at. It was a 2003 Saturn Wagon & it had EVERYTHING. After we drove it around we decided we were going to take it. Now we just had to wait and hope our tax return would be enough to cover it...as you can imagine, with all I have going on, there's not a lot of extra cash floating around right now.

So, I go to the tax office on Friday. We like to get a big return every year so we always have extra taken from our checks during the year. Just before we got to the all important OWE/REFUND part of the tax return, our tax lady casually pointed out the we were only $68 dollars below the next tax % hike. If I had just made $68 more dollars, it would have dropped our refund from more than $5,000 to just under $1,000. If I had had worked even 1 of the 6 days I missed with my sickness we would have been in for a HUGE tax surprise! Do you ever wonder if God cuts things really close sometimes just to MAKE SURE we see his hand. I guess if it always went the way we thought it should, we might just think we actually had something to do with it.

Oh ya, we actually made enough on the truck to cover the taxes and tags! Anyway, here is the newest member of our family.




Riley wanted me to add a picture of him in "his" tree.

4 comments:

  1. Awesome! God is behind all the details of our lives, doens't that just blow your mind! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! That is incredible! It doesn't surprise me, God really does have His ways of showing us how much He really loves us!
    Love the new car!!!

    ReplyDelete