
The smell of stew simmering in the pot fills the room with that wonderful homey smell. The fire crackling across the room is keeping my feet toasty warm...
The view out my front window somehow seems less ugly and wet as I gaze at it through the soft glow of the candles along my window frame. Homework is done, Daddy will be home soon, and Kung Fu Panda is in the DVD player ready for some quiet family time this evening.
Why, you may ask, am I being so darn sappy this evening. Well, I'll tell you why. Yesterday was a really bad day for me. I spent the entire day in bed overwhelmed even by the thought of having to drag myself up and go to the bathroom. These "bad" days have become more and more common for me lately & according to my doctor, a part of my life I am just going to have to accept. I am no longer superwoman. I can no longer go and go like I have done for so many years now. I'll be honest, last night I was really feeling sorry for myself. I just curled up and cried for the person I will never be again. After my little pitty party I decided something...I am going to make sure that the good days are great.
On a side note...I got the great wreath for $13 on clearance at Wal-Mart. It seemed really big in the box, but when I got it home an hung it on the fireplace it seemed REALLY small. So I decided to buy another one and hang 2 on the fireplace instead of just 1. What do you think? FYI - the one on the left is just pasted into the picture...it's not real.
This post just brightens this dreary day! I have been complaining about this yucky weather and really, you make it so great! It's all in perspective... I so wish I had a wood burning fireplace.. That looks so nice!
ReplyDeleteenjoy those days! i'm such a homebody now. i wish all my days were like that!
ReplyDeleteSorry you felt like poop on Sunday. You were missed.
ReplyDeleteAh, Cassie...I'm so sorry you felt so yucky. I can so relate at times. I'm glad you have such a wonderful home (and family) as a haven and a retreat. I SO smelled your stew today when Brandon permeated the halls of the church with it. I was so annoyed with him for that. Ha! Just kiddin' but it did smell delicioso!
ReplyDeleteOOOOooooo....I shall eagerly anticipate that! Thanks in advance!!!!
ReplyDelete