It seems like just yesterday we were sleeping in, playing Monopoly, swimming for hours, and just enjoying a slow relaxed summer...Wait! we were doing that just a few days ago!
SSSCCCRREEEEEEEECCCCCCHHHHHHH!
(that was my interpretation of the sound of screeching breaks)
It all started yesterday at 6:30am. I'll be honest, I haven't seen the early side of 10am many times this summer so I wasn't all joy and love when it rolled around. The boys on the other hand jumped up, got dressed and were ready to leave before I managed to drag my sorry...um... you know what out of bed. What can I say? I'm just not a morning person!
Riley was a little stressed because he forgot his bag of snacks. Of course mom & dad ran home and saved the day. Funny story...when we got back to the school, dad wanted to be the snack hero, so he jumped out and headed inside with the snacks. Just as he passed in front of the car he noticed I had the camera out. For some odd reason he thought I was taking a picture of him...so he posed. What I mean to say is... rather than looking where he was going, he graced me with a big goofy grin. That was just about a nano second before he tripped over the curb and did a cute little dance to stay on his feet. Too bad I didn't get a picture of that!
I think the boy behind him was a lot more ready for school than Cade was!
Since Boston decided he was to cool to have his picture taken, I photo shopped him in!
After school we went right to football practice. Boston is in the red shirt and light blue shorts (just left of the coach)
Do you really have to ask why this guy is the defensive tackling coach??
Riley also started soccer again last night. Is he not the cutest little soccer player you've ever seen?? Step aside Beckum!Well, we survived the first day! And that's about all I have the energy to say about it.

Glad you survived. I love all the pictures! Our first day is tomorrow.
ReplyDeleteFirst day of school becomes the first evening of school, too! What time did you finally get home from football and soccer practice? I'm sure those men of yours were ready for dinner! Give everyone kisses from their Mema Jeanne.
ReplyDelete