Thursday, February 10, 2011

Snow, snow and more SNOW!

So we woke up Wednesday morning to quite a surprise. The 4-5 inches we were supposed to get turned into 15! Being idiots we decided to try and get out...that went well.

After we got back (yes, we actually walked) Bran realized he had lost his phone. So he went back out to see if he dropped it. Instead he found a trail and this little fella frozen half to death in the snow.

We called him Snowball since that's all he was when we found him. I soaked him in a warm bath to get all the ice balls off and then he made himself right at home. I called Doc and the police station to report we had saved him and sure enough a desperate mom showed up for her baby a few hours later. His real name ended up being River.

When I woke up at 7:53 this am I decided to check the temp...


What a beautiful sight I was met with this morning when I decided to brave the -12 temperatures and get a few snow shots. The sky was so blue and the sun so bright...I have to admit I had a little "come to Jesus" moment. Unfortunately the tears started to freeze on my face and I was reminded of the phrase "when hell freezes over"!

This is our drive way. Yesterday it was covered in 20 inches of snow. As I told you before we got seriously stuck trying to meet Scottie, Alyce and Henry for breakfast. Mike G and Scottie came back a few hours later to help dig the car out and Scottie made us a new driveway!
Only one brave soul was stupid...I mean sweet enough to join me.
Wow! It's me...
Riley's snow angel.
Head stand

Side dive
Frozen to the bone and still smiling....that's my Riley!
Yes, I was very very cold.
You may ask....where were the smart people who didn't plow around outside in 20 inches of snow???



I wonder how long till we find out if we have school tomorrow??

Sooooooo???? What do you think of my new blog layout? I totally love it...Thanks Brandy!

5 comments:

  1. Holy cow I can't believe you all got 15 inches of snow! The weather people they just don't know half the time. Last week we were suppose to get this HUGE snow storm here in STL with between 10-12 inches of snow, ended up with 3. Love all the pics, you all were so sweet to take in River. Also, love the pictures of Boston, Cade and Bran and how they stayed inside while you and Riley were out in the freezing temps! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your pictures! Documents this event very well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the new blog layout; love the people in the blog!

    ReplyDelete