Everyone has a go-to recipe. You know the one...it's the one you know by heart. The one you can make in your sleep. The one your whole family eats & even likes as leftovers. We all have them...but for some reason (maybe because their not fancy or complicated) we don't share them with each other very often. Well, here's your chance. Tell us about your best go-to recipe.
I'll start...
Taco Soup
1 pound ground beef, browned with chopped onion
1 can Rotel
1 can corn
1 can black beans
1 can chili beans
1 can Ranch Style beans
1 pkg Hidden Valley Ranch Dressing Mix
1 pkg taco season
Mix it all together (juice and all) You can simmer it for 30 minutes or all day in the crock-pot.
Great with Fritos and cheese.
So.....what's yours?
Funny-mine is called "Crock of Chicken" and it's so similar to Taco Soup. 3 kinds of canned beans, frozen chicken breast, rotel, and taco seasoning. Put it all in the crock pot, then pull out the chicken and shred it when it's cooked. Add a can of corn and serve with fritos and cheese. Evan loves this, and often asks for it.
ReplyDeleteI also "go-to" homemade alfredo sauce (parmesean cheese and whipping cream with a little salt and pepper) and add frozen shrimp OR a homemade spaghetti sauce (tomato sauce, petit diced tomatoes, tomato paste, onion, garlic and sometimes mushrooms)that makes a ton and I can freeze leftovers. :)
Fun post. Love it!
I am going to try that, I would put one of mine, but I just recently saw our church cook book and my recipes were like.....embarrassingly nothing compared to everyone elses. Anyway I will just steal what everyone posts on yours =) Lianna
ReplyDeleteI didn't mean that I mix the alfredo and spaghetti sauce. I just re-read what I wrote and it sort-of read that way.
ReplyDeleteJust wanted to clarify. I sometimes go-to alfredo, I sometimes go to spaghetti sauce. HA!
Easy Brisket
ReplyDelete1 brisket cut in half
3 cups soy sauce
6 cups water
1 cup onion flakes
Place everything in crockpot overnight. Then cook on low all day. Before serving, trim fat a slice.
I like to make gravy with the juice too. I put some of the juice in a pan and then put it in the freezer for a little while.
The fat will get hard on the top so all you have to do is scoop it off. After that I bring the juice to a boil and add a slurry of flour and milk to thicken it.
Thinking...
ReplyDeleteThis isn't my favorite but it is easy, good and all I can think of off the top of my head.
ReplyDeleteTake 4-5 pieces of chicken, lay them in your crock pot, cover them with your choice of salsa and cook until chicken is tender. Pull chicken apart and eat in taco shells or over pasta. You can add the salsa on top of the chicken for more flavor!
You should totally read the House of Night series and let me know what you think!
ReplyDeleteYour boys are adorable. I use a Nikon D60! Hubs got it for me on our anniversary! I hope all is well!
ReplyDelete